Register now to get rid of these ads!

ALL aluminum Crager S/S wheels exist?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gettingreasy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I saw a picture of Al "Lawman" Eckstrand's super stocker Plymouth with it appears to be as cast all aluminum wheels. They look just like standard flat spoke Cragers but the edge of the rim is thicker like cast rims. They also had the standard center cap aswell, not to mention his front fender has the Crager S/S sticker on it. ANy info would be great, thanks!
    -Jesse

2. brandon

brandon

i was looking thru a old rod and drag mag the other day ....and seen a ad for cragars.....offering the s/s wheel in chrome or plain aluminum ...(could have been polished ...can't remember ) the mag was from late 64 ...so it had to be right after they came out......i know the cragar g/t wheel had a fat lip ....and they also offered a grey spoke version later that had a complete aluminum front section on a steel rim .....brandon

3. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

This one looks like a flat spoke American. Looked real nice to. Anyone have anymore pictures of such things?
    -Jesse

4. Two years ago I saw a set of cragers like you describe on a '71 charger in a junk yard in southern IL. Thay were cool looking wheels that I'd never seen before. But when i decided to go back to the yard a few months later to get them all the cars in the yard were gone, sold for scrap.

5. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Sound like Craigar G/T's to me, as opposed to the S/S.

6. brandon

brandon

the gt's had a little lip on the edges of the spokes....will check for a picture ....brandon

7. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

I saw the picture in The "Garlits Collection" book, looks like a great book by the way.
    -Jesse

8. squirrel

squirrel

here is some Cragar info from a late 60s Cragar G/T wheel brochure

9. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

Ya, they look like those in except for the one with the ribs on the side. I doubt they make 'em anymore so are they pretty rare then? I need 2 of them for my C/MP Elky I'm building.
    -Jesse

10. squirrel

squirrel

like this one?

(this wheel has a steel rim, aluminum front/center)