Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

;);););)'Mo, ask Curt Henderson, maybe he want a new one;);););)
    [​IMG]

2. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Today's drive:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  3. I wish we could showcase that fine ride at our next Groundhog Gala
    Wanna come to Orlando in February?? ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. Johnny Switchblade

Johnny Switchblade
    from Upstate NY

Dude! You are an inspiration. Your car is first rate and very cool, one of a kind, for sure. You are very talented and determined.

Ratatouille likes this.
  5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Great to see you back. That is such a cool car. Drive the wheels off of it before the weather turns ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ratatouille likes this.
  6. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

Watching you build this car with limited resources, outside, in all kinds of weather should be an inspiration to others. There are so many people who try to build cars but lack your talent and drive to complete their project. Your humor has also made me smile many times while reading your thread. I think you could something great if you had the proper tools and a real place to work. Keep up the excellent work and if you build another car, please start another thread for us to enjoy.
    Jeff McCain

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

le Volant et les jauge donner superbe

Ratatouille likes this.
  8. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

He did. Check out his other build thread here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/hi-boy-from-outher-space-france-calling.1016144/

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

OahuEli and Ratatouille like this.
  9. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Tu t'appelle Roi du Kustom!

Ratatouille likes this.
  10. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Thanks guys for your congratulations.:)

nunattax and InstantT, your French is perfect;).

11. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

If only i could......it's a part of my dream to visit famous places and meet people in USA......one day.....about the Fregate, i must think to create an hologram for Groundhog Gala;););););):D:D

Squablow likes this.
  12. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

merci je parle petit francais.drummed into me for a couple of years in school

Ratatouille likes this.
  13. nali

nali

Sacré boulot.
    Mais une Frégate mérite ca :)

Ratatouille likes this.
  14. chrisp

chrisp

Not to hijack but to show the size of this car :
    Buick headlight rings
    [​IMG]

58 Corvette bumper
    [​IMG]
    If it was sitting close to the body it would end up in the wheel opening and between the bullets there would be a gap of roughly 20cm. That's what I was talking about when I was saying that US car parts look out of place on those cars, and it's a fullsize :rolleyes:
    The rear bumper could work though by shortening it.

Ratatouille likes this.
  15. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Guys, i'm back to share with you my "joy of the day", i hope you will understand my excitement....;), nothing to promote, just share with you.

When i was younger, one of my favorite french custom journal was "Nitro", and i always dream that one day, published in this magazine....and today my dream comes true.....all the story is now in this National press book, i'm happy, and the Fregate is on the cover!!!!
    Nitro 284.
    [​IMG]

Great pic from Alain Sauquet
    [​IMG]

Well, Saturday, it's party time, it will be a great pleasure to read that in the magazine (i don't know yet page numbers, pics, and the text from the journalist Kiki D. Bois.) It's my surprise, and i like it:)

You want last news about the Fregate?.....hum, if i say....home made frame, V6, power steering, positraction rear end, automatic transmission......hum?.....the rest of story on The Hamb soon;);)

Nitro links
    https://www.facebook.com/Nitro.mag/?fref=nf
    http://www.nitromag.fr/

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Congratulations. How cool is that. Well deserved.

Ratatouille likes this.
  17. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Ratatouille likes this.
  18. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Congrats Rat, nice job.

Ratatouille likes this.
  19. Right on!!!!!

Ratatouille likes this.
  20. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Absolutely a well earned honor and I will wait patiently for your upcoming upgrades.

Ratatouille likes this.
  21. triman62

triman62

Congratulations, WAY COOL!

Ratatouille likes this.
  22. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Customizer leCool

Ratatouille likes this.
  23. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Man, that is so cool. Congrats! I love the car, and you deserve to be rewarded. I will have to try to find a copy here in the states!

Ratatouille and volvobrynk like this.
  24. I'm really happy for you that the car is in the magazine!!!! I wish you could come to USA in February, I'll be in the Orlando area Jan/Feb.

Ratatouille likes this.
  25. Fantastic!!! Congratulations on being in the magazine, what a thrill!!!

Ratatouille likes this.
  26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nice job, ratatouille! I almost get how excited you feel, despite nothing I ever build came on a front page!

Now the big question is; will people remember it as the one with King Dicks car and the wonderful orange classic custom on the cover, or the one with Low Range and hey-what's-his-name something blue car.

Well done.

Ratatouille likes this.
  27. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

RIGHT ON ! ! ! Congratulations

Lynn W.....

Ratatouille likes this.
  28. Your ride totally belongs on the cover of that rag. Are you still going to do something with the paint. I was thinking a metal flack with lace. I like the white pearl. Also like the trim.

Ratatouille likes this.
  29. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello Maverick Daddy, you can also buy Nitro, the "edition numerique" (the red link), for the fist time, you can read all around the world this French Magazine on your ipad, phablett or iphone (IOS or Android) anywhere you want ;-)

(if this message is not correct for The Hamb moderator, you can delete my message, i have no money interest to promote this magazine, i only give the link to people who want to see the Fregate in the number 284 and don't find the paper edition in oversea press shop) :)

http://www.hommell-magazines.com/ma...O-MAGAZINE/fr/kiosk/title.html?from=WEBSITES#

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  30. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello leadfootloon, thanks for your answer. In fact, believe it or not, i'm gonna cut again all the Fregate!....

It's a never ending story, and i want something more cool to ride. The problem with my car is that the engine is not enough powerfull to ride far and fast...it's for me the real problem...when i read some guys here ask me "come visit us, check this reunion, i hope i can see the car in this national festival...", it drives me crazy, because...i can't.

Why?

Money first, but it's not insuperable, i can do without or less.

The big problem is the conception of the Renault is too old, original gearbox, engine, drum brakes.....i can't travel seriously with the Fregate, and that's not what i want. I want to see people like you in the real life with my car.

So i have decided to continue the story.

I'll keep only the skin body of the Fregate, made a home subframe. The front axle is define (mustang II) with power steering. The engine is a V6 Ford with automatic transmission. I gonna bring back all parts in 2/3 month (i have allready found parts).

Why so late?

Because, i'm allways work in the street, and i don't have find a place to do the work. I don't want to realise the modification where the car is park actualy, it's too dangerous to cut the Fregate floor and made the frame across the street, not enought place, no plane floor, the rain...the snow...hum, i want to work more secure. i hope i can find "THE" place in 2/3 month.

About 2 years, the paint remains ok, but some troubles appears on the top of the roof, the car sleep in the street with a cover, and with the water, it's not good. But be sure that the second version of the Fregate must be more beatifull and resulted.

I want to push the limit, i love my car, i love working on my car, it's for me a real cool time and fun moments, do something cool in my life, and sharing with you my story, and realise cool things with money or not.
    For me, it's a determination, and a real lifestyle. ;-)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016