Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A subrail on 32 frame

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Nibsy30, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Nibsy30

Nibsy30
    from Trail BC

Hey just wondering if anyone has used the steadfast subrail kit for Model A to a 32 frame I'm looking to order? Also any suppliers in Canada?

bct likes this.
  2. Many have and they look great and save a bunch of time. In my case as in many others I made my own. Lots of threads on here showing that.

3. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Actually working on mine now. Very nice kit. Has to be modified if you're not using a 32 style tank. It's made for a coupe. Great customer service too. I think you can get a HAMB discount if you're an alliance member. I forgot to ask ! Duh

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Nibsy30

Nibsy30
    from Trail BC

Thanks just joined will look into discount. I have full 32 rails and am using a 32 tank, all the pics I have found they look like a sweet kit.

5. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

They are beautiful and very nice to install.

6. Nibsy30

Nibsy30
    from Trail BC

They look nice and will save me a time, I was going to make my own but thinking twice now

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'm considering that route as well when it comes to mating time, but I haven't really researched what's all necessary to do it at home either. I figured kids have been doing it without a kit since 1932 so I'd wanna see what traditionally was done.

8. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

9. Nibsy30

Nibsy30
    from Trail BC

Thanks for the link good article

10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Here are a few pics of my project showing the kit. It's important to brace the rear end first. The kit has a channel construction which makes it very strong. I haven't started installing it, been getting the body ready as in cutting stuff out. Check out the Helmuth brother's coupe thread, lots of good info and he didn't use the steadfast kit. Hope this helps.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sub rail and crossmember out[​IMG]
    Blew out the rear sub rail cross member and the panel below the trunk lid, I have repo's for them.[​IMG]
    With the wheel wells out of the way, it's much easier. I trimmed the sub rails another 3".
    Started to cut the sub rail about 6" back from the B pillar

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  11. Nibsy30

Nibsy30
    from Trail BC

Thanks for the pics looks like your in the same place I'm at right now. It's to bad our Canadian dollar sucks it's killing me on the parts.

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I have made my own and also have used his kit ... I'd buy his kit again. Saves a ton of time

13. Does anyone stock this kit on the west coast? Would love to save on shipping if possible...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Don't think so, I think you can get a discount with Alliance membership tho.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.