Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Seats for '29 Sedan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRguy, Aug 17, 2016.

1. CRguy

CRguy
    from SW WA

Thinking about upgrading the seats in my chopped '29 Tudor. Legroom is tight, and after driving for a while I get cramped up.
    Seats have to sit low because of the chopped top. Have already moved them back somewhat, which is one of the reasons I bought the Tudor rather than a Coupe. Recessed firewall takes a little room out of the interior.
    Passenger side has to fold for access into the back seat.

What have other guys done? Junkyard seats? Aftermarket?

2. chargin03

chargin03

I used pt cruiser seats in my 30 Tudor and hinged the pass side for back seat access . Got them at the junk yard.

3. b-bob

b-bob

I used a set from a Dodge neon in a tudor. They are narrow and slid back and forth and even recline almost flat. And they were comfortable. Check some out at a wreckers.

4. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

I used '84 Fiero seats (which might be a tad tall in a chopped car) and used the tilt mechanism out of an '84/'85 Bronco 2 under the passenger seat. Regards, Dave.

5. thunderplex

thunderplex

PT Cruiser buckets....!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I'm using old glass race seats in mine. JC Whittney specials.

[​IMG]

7. flatout51

flatout51

8. I got a set of 2-door Blazer bucket seats free off Craigslist.
    They tilt forward and are also hinged in front (like stock A Tudor seats) so they tumble forward as well.

9. CRguy

CRguy
    from SW WA

Lots of good ideas for me to work with, thanks everybody!
    I see Speedway & Jegs sell Procar low back bucket seats in the right size also.

10. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Early 80s MGB seats are perfect for a Model A sedan. Passenger seat flips forward to you can get to the back.

11. Hombre

Hombre

When I chopped my Model A I did it a little at a time. I am a big man 6'3" and was worried that I wouldn't fit in the damn thing. I finally stopped at 6 1/2", to check the fit I would set the top back on the car and just set on the floor. I was amazed that even after 6 1/2" I was just fine. Then I started looking for seats, went about this backwards. I must have tried two dozen different seats in that car and nothing worked, all were to damn tall for me a big guy. Finally I tried these seats from a C3 Corvette and they worked really great, as they are very close to the floor. This also was my first time upholstering any seats and I am pretty happy with the way they came out. I will ad they are high backed seats, in the beginning I didn't want high backed seats at all, after some time I have grown to like these. IMG_2842 (Small).JPG IMG_2843 (Small).JPG IMG_2845 (Small).JPG