Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 desoto grille

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by nzdeuce, Aug 13, 2016.

1. nzdeuce

nzdeuce

Ok so I have this 55 desoto grille which does not have the large mounting teeth at each end. I got two of the large teeth at a swap meet and have found that they do not fit. The gap where they slide onto the grille is not wide enough. Am I missing something here or did they make two different grilles in 55. Thanks for any help.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Homemade44

Homemade44

Google 1955 DeSoto. Looks like you have a grill from a 1955 DeSoto Diplomat, looks like a 1955 Plymouth and is a non US model. Your grill has 11 teeth and the US DeSoto had 7 teeth and uses the mount that you show.

Hnstray likes this.
  3. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

well Im not a desoto grill expert by any means, but I spent about 15 minutes on google and it seems that USA desotos had a grille with 9 small teeth and those big ones on the ends, but the export to australia 1955 desotos got grills that had 11 small teeth. Hopefully someone will post with exact info for you, but my guess is you have an export grill and it wasnt meant to have those large teeth on it?

export desoto-
    55expdesoto.jpg

USA desoto
    55desoto.jpg

4. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

homemade44 beat me to it. I type slow...

5. nzdeuce

nzdeuce

Thanks guys. I have just checked it out on Google and yep the grille is from a Desoto Diplomat.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. jeffyg82

jeffyg82

Still be sweet as a floating grill

Big Swede likes this.