Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stolen car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by biscuit eater, Aug 9, 2016.

1. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

2. That really stinks man. Sorry it happened.

3. Shared on Facebook.

4. Was the tow vehicle and trailer stolen, too?

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, none of us thinks that this will happen to us - would bet that even after the many threads on this subject most are more concerned about packing a good quality car wax then figuring out how to protect their ride.

6. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

That suck's !!!!
    How to pervent it '',
    PULL RELAYS & MAX fues ,
    It only takes 1 mint to do

7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I am really sorry for this guys loss. Thieves suck. I am sorry that more info isn't provided as to where it was parked, which motel/hotel? How was it stolen, no theft protection on the car? Time of day? Maybe I would never think to provide that info myself if I had my car stolen, but it would be helpful to know.

8. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

This really does suck...

It would be nice to know some details... How the car was secured, trailer, location, security cameras, etc. You may not want to disclose the location for whatever reason, but if it was me I would want to reach out to anyone who stayed at the same or nearby hotels that may have seen something.

9. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

Gonna bump this. Not my car, just hoping to help this fellow.

10. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

Car was in the hotel parking lot for the night. He said the last time he seen the car was at 1am. This was Thurs. night. I asked if the hotel had cameras. He said that the hotel was remodeling and they weren't working. Eric said that the car never started because a friend was sleeping in a enclosed trailer at the hotel. So how did it disappear? Eric thinks 4 guys with pump skates. I'm thinking 2 guys a pickup with the flip out grab and go. Snatch it, lift it, 2nd guy clips shifter cable and pops in neutral and gone.

biscuit eater likes this.
  11. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Unfortunately! Seams to be a lot of this going on these days?
    Where are the cars going? Over seas?
    Or parting out?
    Really sucks!

12. Really not hearing about gutted cars showing up somewhere as scrap. So the cars are either whole or whatever remains is cut up real small.

13. DOugG

DOugG
    from mich

I wonder how many cars disappeared at the Nats. Car is more than likely on its way to Brazil. I was once told a story from a friend who drove his converted van down to New Orleans and it disappeared. Long story short, many, many cars and trucks are stolen daily to be put on a ship.
    What ever I don't think these are local thugs doing this.

14. Bet they're going shopping with a list and they're well organized. Steal to order. May pay to look up the local car scene in Rio or places around there.