Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Flat Out Blast in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodmano, Aug 4, 2016.

1. really cool get together - thanks for posting !

2. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Thank you for sharing your photos, so great to see the traditional cars, no trophies, no vendors etc. You guys are trend setters for sure.

3. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Yeah. Its a real time travel. Everyone speaks the same language so to speak. Helping eachother out. drinking beer. hanging on the wheels kind of event. No fancy hotels, no banquette. Just hard core spartan camping :)

ChuckleHead_Al likes this.
  4. reefer

reefer

Great looking event.....good ethos,no BS awards,no vendors etc,....if you've got any more pix,or vids,post 'em up.

I read the post this morning before I left for work.....I had to trawl a few pages this evening to find it again.....I thought it might have been still on page one...this site has lost the plot a bit.....some proper period Hotrods and barely two pages of replies.

5. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

What I noticed, besides the great cars was that the owners look to be half our age, which is really neat.

6. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Yeah. Many of the guys up here on Sweden and Norway are way younger than me. (Im 51) Many in their 20s. But all ages are represented. Atleast between 20 and 65. Thats one of the great things about these kind of gatherings. Age doesnt matter.

7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Cool stuff! Nicely done. Looks laid back. Something that I would greatly enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

BAD ASS CARS SO WEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO BRING BACK THE CARS TO U. S. WE MISS THEM BAD ASS CARS -- YOU GUYS HAVE DUMN GOOD TIME OVER SWEDEN HEhehe

9. Great pics and comments, thanks for posting. You Scandinavians know how to do it right ;)

10. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot damn!!!!! if this aint the coolest get together I've ever seen. These guys get it! Jeesus, makes me want to move to Sweden or Holland or wherever the heck this thing took place.

11. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

cool lots of nice rods!

12. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

Ha ha. Glad you liked it. and it was in Sweden. Im from Norway. Holland ?? Im not sure where they came in here :confused::)
    Oh and heres links to pics from The Dusters Time Travel ( part 1 and 2.) Another great event up here. Pre 54 only:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-dusters-time-travel-in-sweden-part-1.1028556/
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/flat-out-blast-in-sweden.1028280/page-2

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  13. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry....Holland, Sweden, Norway...so im not much on world locations. One things fer sure, ya'll got smokin hot blonds, ice bergs and bad assed rides..:D

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    hotrodmano likes this.
  14. Never2low

Never2low

Now THAT is my kinda car show! Fucking love it!

15. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a lot of fun.

16. Definitely my kind of event. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

17. Thanks for the photos, looked like a great time.

18. GeeRam

GeeRam

Would love to persuade a group of the VHRA guys to do a convoy run over from UK for this event....would be great. Having flown over to the A-Bombers hillclimb Aug meet about 10 years back (without car obviously) and had a great time, I'd love to bring the '32 over some time.......but with all the UK - Scandinavia ferry services now terminated, only option to bring a car over is via Harwich - Hook of Holland crossing!!!

19. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Can't get much better then that, cool event.

20. swifty straights

swifty straights

THANKS FOR THE PICS! LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!

21. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very very cool show. Hell even the local cruise-ins want to give out trophies once a week. I hate that stuff, best of show, best this ,best that. Maybe it motivates some people to do better work on their rides and fills some need for attention. Anyway you guys totally nailed to me what is the perfect kind of event.

22. Looks like a good event. I wish I could make it over there someday to check things out. My ancestors are from there.