Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's a 32 Chevy worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinchecharlie, Aug 4, 2016.

1. F&J

F&J

Yes, frame built first, then tin nailed on.

The reason I have never wanted to try rewood is simple; if I get the angle wrong when I assemble the A or B pillar, you can't add wood back on to change the angle like you can with steel replacement.

I want doors to fit exact, gaps to be perfectly straight, and I don't think I could get good enough with compound curved pieces with odd angles. With steel, I can fix my 1/16" errors without starting over with another complete new pillar....and hope it will be right on 2nd try.

2. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I've done two 32 Chevys now ,both with wood rotted beyond repair ...put steel in them both.. While it was a huge pain in the ass ,I suspect 1/2 the work of re doing the wood ...maybe less..

3. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I like your vision. I'm working on a '32 Chevy and a small block barely fits into the narrow engine compartment. I want to keep the hood sides intact and I don't want the motor in the cab with me. :eek:
    cpe101.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hubba hubba!^^:D yes, my idea would include losing the sides, Id keep the top,though.

6. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

Looks like this. Chose wood instead of steel for my '31 Pontiac. P1010784.JPG P1010792.JPG

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I fart in your general direction for thinking I don't know what the wood structure in an early Chevrolet looks like.

falcongeorge and tb33anda3rd like this.