Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Usernames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 28, 2016.

1. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

Grumpy32 because, well my kids call me grumpy and we have a 32 at the moment.
    Back when I was drag racing I had an incident that made my roadster contact a barrier in the timing traps/breaking area then bounce off on to the grassed area into a culvert, up into the air and come to a stop in a cloud of dust. A friend/sponsor started calling me ricochet, but that was nearly 25 years ago!!!!

C. John Stutzer and Fedman like this.
  2. idreamofthe60s

idreamofthe60s
    from Florida

I-dream-of-the-60's.

grumpy32 likes this.
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That's the story my grandpa told, but I heard the truth was, the family "requested" his immigration. I google searched my family name, we have a "Castle"...of course, nowadays any pile of rubble bigger than a Volkswagen is called a "castle" in Scotland...:rolleyes:

brett4christ likes this.
  4. The Kalaheo Kid

The Kalaheo Kid
    from Kauai, HI

I rolled into Kalaheo about 4 years ago, thinkin' that if I hadn't swapped that chopped '36 3-Window with the filled rumble lid and built flathead back for my tricked-out AMX, in '76, I could be figuring out how my little brother and his buddy died just outside town in that '50 Ford Tudor on their way back to the base.....

On a more serious note, does anyone here know of a chopped and filled '36 3-Window with a filled rumble lid in the Hayward, CA area? The chop was pretty well done. The rumble lid fill was not. It had a built flatty with 3 Strombergs and Edelbrock intake and heads when I had it.

5. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

When I joined the hamb in 2009 I had just finished my coupe ,and I thought I would never part with it,But times they are a changing.

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I needed some sort of "identity" to go with both the hot rod stuff and my artwork.My son and I both like the old names like ACME or Metal Works with a Atomic,50s-60s feel to it.But it couldnt be a copy of someone elses efforts. Having the name Federspiel turned to Fedcospeed and with my sons graphics we came up with what we have.

Iam Fedco at work and people are referring to my son by Fedco and that makes me very happy.I like the way the old timers had cool nicknames too. Two that come to mind are my grandfather being called Chubby and one of his buddies was called Whitey. The avitar names are just like the cars we have.All different with a certain personal flair we can identify with.

7. toughnut

toughnut
    from Arizona

Haven't cracked yet!

Ron Brown likes this.
  8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Pretty straight forward, got the truck in pieces in 1975 when I was 13. I guess I'll hang on to it a bit longer. 1931.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Fedman like this.
  9. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

Name my Mom called me was Woody and I have Harley's so woodhawg. UGA spelling of hog

10. My Dad was a superlative story teller. "Woodeye" was one of his favorites. :)

11. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Anymore anyone that knows the Woodeye story pretty well dates them selves as having been around for awhile. The Woodeye, Two Dogs and He said he thinks he knows you stories are some of my my favorites

Baron likes this.
  12. Mo rust

Mo rust

Mine is simple enough. I'm from Missouri and one of my favorite things in life is crawling under a fence to look over a rusty old car in a field.

13. Bugguts

Bugguts

Bugguts. It's what you see if you drive your car. A least in the summer in Iowa.
    (winters not so much)
    Besides, all the cool names were taken.

Flatblack 31 likes this.
  14. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Same here in Northeast Ohio. Especially this year with those juicy Locust.

15. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My real first name is LeBaron, but other than a handful of people, everybody calls me Baron. After having a 1/2 dozen different names on other forums(all had something to do with a car I owned at the time), I decided to stick with this one ......easy to remember(and surely not to change). :D
    After reading how many of you came up with your names, some of them make perfect sense to me now (I think!).