Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Another year passes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Jul 29, 2016.

1. 7-29-67 - to Forever in my heart........... Just to share some memories and to remind all of you to go out, take your son or daughter out for a ride in the ol hot rod, enjoy the day, hour, or even the moment. For you will never know when those moments or opportunities will end. Memories are great, but suicide sucks......................................... Peace and happiness to you all.
    RIP my son.
    Mike at ocean 2.jpg me n mike at Hawleys 2005.jpg Mike n 56.jpg

2. 1pickup

1pickup

I can never find the words to express how I feel when I read posts like this. I am the father of three. Raised them alone, with the help of my family. I can't imagine losing one of them. Words to live by. My condolences.

3. trollst

trollst

Took my 40 year old daughter out today in the roadster, she drove home.

4. mike bowling

mike bowling

Hard to know quite what to say- hang in there with your family and faith.

5. May God forever ease your heart and make the memories grow fonder.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carl,

You have my condolences and my thanks - thank you for the reminder that tomorrow is not promised to us and we must never take it for granted. I grieve for you brother and as Gary said - may your memories only grow fonder.

Steve

7. This post made me cry. I will smother my kids with affection.

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Have learned as every year passes the extreme pain wanes. Time really is a healer. I know the continued torment fathers endure when losing their child. We accepted the responsibility of our child's actions regardless of their age and constantly struggle to deal with the self blame.
    Lost my son 17 yrs now to an auto accident.
    A prayer for you and all others who have lost their loved one.

In my old age...
    Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked.....
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do.....
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  9. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

10. BIGBALA

BIGBALA

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  11. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Carl, I feel your pain. Lost my oldest son last year. I think of him almost every day.

/K

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Sorry for your loss Carl. I have 4 kids and cant even imagine what you are going through. My 2nd daughter's best friend, 23 years old, is dying of brain cancer. Only has a couple of months to live. It sucks. Such a good kid too.

13. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Don't think my words will help, but know that my heart aches for you. God bless you and your family.

14. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I hope you have many good memories to help you smile when you think of him.

15. Swiss50chevy

Swiss50chevy

My condolences.

16. rgdavid

rgdavid

I sincerely hope with time you are able to smile about the times with him.
    I feel your losss, its only a few days to a year that i lost my wife.
    I hope you heal. David in france.

17. 5 years ago this past July, heaven gained another little Angle. Collin lost his battle to leukemia. Collin wasn't related by blood but by Family. I have known Collins dad for 18 years and grew up with his Mom. Collin's Dad was my bestman in my wedding. Collin was our ring bearer, his sister Savannah was our flower girl, and Collin's mom stood up for my wife. The funny thing is that when we celebrated his 1 year anniversary, I drove my '30 stock coupe to the cemetery and as soon as we left, it started acting up. I guess that was Collin's way of saying she needed to be transformed into a hot rod. I lost my dad 12 years ago this March do to a heart attack. I miss him everyday. He turned wrenches and was an electrician by trade. He had his fair share of classics, but never hotrods. Who would have ever known that he created a monster!