Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Eric.The treatment of the headlight wiring is just outstanding.Neat but not gaudy.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

daddio211 likes this.
  2. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks fellas! Always appreciate all of your comments!

So I have some updating to do...

First, I stole the wheels and tires from Victoria's roadster because I came across a stupid car that needed fixing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah. It was bad. Had 5° of negative caster too!

This is where I got it to as of a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

All steel braided lines covers, fake AN fitings and padded grill shell cover are gone since this picture was taken. Turns out, the car is a GREAT driver!

Anyone need a set of 20" Coys with brand new tires in 5 on 4 1/2 pattern?

So back to the T at hand. Bob continues working away. Emergency brake all done...
    [​IMG]

Brake pedal and arm in (not permanent).
    [​IMG]

Fuel lines built and polished, plus the distribution block was turned from aluminum stock.
    [​IMG]

Floor board patterns finished and transferred to Wood.
    [​IMG]

Primed...
    [​IMG]

Painted...
    [​IMG]

And set back in place....
    [​IMG]

Decided to try my hand at cutting celluloid. Took it VERY slow and delicate as it's pretty brittle. Made a pattern...
    [​IMG]

Started cutting
    [​IMG]

Drilled a few holes (that was stressful!)
    [​IMG]

After lots of sanding a test fit was in order
    [​IMG]

Yeah, that will do.
    [​IMG]

And I know there's a gap on top, damnit! It'll have to do.
    [​IMG]

Got home to find this....
    [​IMG]

So about the wheels and tires from Victoria's car. I just couldn't bring myself to LOVE them. They were the right sizes and all, but from the beginning I wanted early Ford 16's and either bias plies or Excelsiors. Well, that's part of what's on my porch. Same colors, roughly same sizes, just a more correct look and a much wider selection of hubcaps.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Outstanding Eric. Good to see an update.
    Larry

daddio211 likes this.
  4. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks brother! I need to get back on your build thread and see what you've done! I just don't hang out here like I used to, I'm too busy pissing people off on Facebook with politics, LOL.

da34guy likes this.
  5. Aren't we all? ;-D You should to post a couple of before and after pics of that T over on the "Bucket of Ugly" thread, you definitely knocked some ugly off of it! Padded grill shell.....Holy poop on a stick!

6. Pick guard material looks awesome!
    [​IMG]

7. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Wow. Nice save on the other T. Really looking forward to seeing your build come together.

daddio211 likes this.
  8. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks fellas! I couldn't wait for tomorrow, so we threw the stuff in my 16 year old son's truck and headed up to Bob's.

Yep, the wheels are a much better fit for the car!
    1469513409292.jpg
    1469513427551.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  9. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hey, nice progress, on both cars!

Any chance you have fabbed a cover, to hide the discs? That second car is really shaping up to something.

Did we ever see pics of the truck that launched this build? Or em I mis-remembering, but didn't you swap a nice truck, for the work Bob is doing?

daddio211 likes this.
  10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That OT mini truck is one of the few ones that does it for me, there is something about Datsun non-king-cabs, them and Early-LUV, and early-courier's.

But that is OT, and our little secret.

daddio211 likes this.
  11. All coming together well, If you don't want those mags I could put them on my T (yeah right). I too like your new wheels, I just cant like the newer hub caps. My favourite caps are 41's but somehow mine ended up with 46 items. How long have you got the other T for, sure would like a closer look at it. See you in two weeks, if I don't get lost.:cool::cool::D JW

kiwijeff and daddio211 like this.
  12. Eric , living the good life ! Your wife is really going to be happy with that T .

daddio211 likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

Regarding the disc covers, I suspect you're asking about the disc brakes on the flamed T? No, not going that far with it.

My high school and college years were spent building and driving minitrucks. I think a lot of us started there because we could afford them. We picked this truck up for my son and have done lots of work to it. If I can find a 620 King Cab I'll grab it and put it away for a future build.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. daddio211

daddio211

Oh, and the truck that spawned this whole build can be seen in the background.
    1469629538415.jpg

26 T Ford RPU and volvobrynk like this.
  15. daddio211

daddio211

Let me know if you can find a home for them, they're really in my way and I'll deliver them to you tomorrow or to even to Bonneville.

And they'd look terrible on your TV!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  16. Dash looks great Daddio!

daddio211 likes this.
  17. I reckon some Kiwis would like those wheels for their traditional based Rods like on this 32:eek:o_O!! I took that pic two months back. JW
    [​IMG]

daddio211 likes this.
  18. Have you got a good photo of the front end on the new T?
    I need to pull mine apart now but just cant bring myself to do it.
    When I saw the shot of the black floor boards I had a feeling that was your old truck. JW

daddio211 likes this.
  19. The only thing that....thing....is missing are the fake Oldsmobile valve covers. :eek:o_O:(
    Glad it has the "Streetrod" script in the grill, tho...........:rolleyes:

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  20. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks brother!

21. daddio211

daddio211

Yikes! I had hoped this wouldn't catch on but it looks like it's gone international! At least this guy didn't have his grill shell padded and pleated!

And yes, I'd be happy to take any photos you'd like. Not at home right now but I'll send you whatever you'd like.

22. daddio211

daddio211

I was thinking the fake flathead valve covers, LOL.

23. Just some of the tie rod and arms thanks. That Coupe just had a huge feature in our Hot Rod Mag as if its some super coupe:eek:o_O. Cant wait to see your collection. :D JW

daddio211 likes this.
  24. daddio211

daddio211

Proof that money can not buy taste. Looking forward to having you guys here!

25. It will be strange in a way, like going behind my computer screen and being in reality. Really looking forward to finally catching up after all these years.
    What master cylinder did you use? im changing mine from the 39-48 Ford singe circuit to a 67 Mustang dual drum unit. My cert. guy said I may have too so I just went and got it, will be much safer.
    See you in 11 days.:cool::cool::D JW

daddio211 likes this.
  26. daddio211

daddio211

I used a Corvette dual master for disc/disc, but stepped it down with residual valves for the four wheel drums.

Can't wait to catch up with you and your bride!

Egor and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  27. daddio211

daddio211

I've been away for a few days, but Bob sent a few pics. A few trips to the paint booth...

1469944040851.jpg

1469944105909.jpg

AndersF, JOYFLEA, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  28. And you and yours. You are just about there, looking great.:cool::cool::D:D JW

daddio211 likes this.
  29. Egor

Egor

Daddio been reading your thread tonight, totally cool build. I'm in Hurricane, (hurkn) l had no idea any building was going on out here. I see very few cars running round. Would like to find anything about your fabricator. I have a project l started with my dad 35 years ago, would like to finish, and l just get stoked reading about something so close. Thanks for the build thread. Have fun

Sent from my GT-P5210 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. daddio211

daddio211

Had the great pleasure of hanging out with New Zealanders 26T and his sweet bride Mandy over the past few days. We ran up to Bob's for a while, but I haven't been able to accomplish much because I've been so busy working.

Thanks Jeremy and Mandy for your company, sure was nice to have you! 1471024371177.jpg

kiwijeff, 26 T Ford RPU, Egor and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.