Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NE 82nd looking north at the intersection with NE Sandy. 1956 City of Portland photo.
    [​IMG]

Deepwater and Dave Mc like this.
  2. swi66

swi66

3. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

4. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Those 63 Ford Galaxie hardtop cars were unique in their styling and construction. They looked cool from the side profile and with that large 406 motor, moved quite well. A car load of teenagers from Long Beach were on their way to the Colorado River towing a 20 foot speed boat with a larger Ford motor in it. As we were going out Highway 10 to the Parker Dam, we were passed by many cars that weren’t towing a large boat in back. But, the weird thing was when the giant diesel freight semi trucks came the opposite way, we discovered a new happening in the car. We wanted to conserve fuel on this trip to save money for food. Since there was no air conditioning, we had all of the windows rolled down to catch the warm desert air rushing in to cool us off.

The surprise thing that happened every time a semi truck came by going the other way was that the roof caved in toward us. It kept happening every time those diesel semi trucks came by us. After each diesel truck, we just popped the top back up. So, after several times, someone had the job of putting both feet extended to keep the top from caving in on us. We all laughed at the comical scene inside the car. It did not hurt the paint, but it certainly told us how thin the tops of these cars were made.

Thanks,

Jnaki

When the windows were rolled up, the opposite passing semi trucks had no effect on the roof top of the Ford.

loudbang likes this.
  6. 1929 Model A Hot Rod was built and owned by famous custom car photographer Marcia Campbell.jpg
    1929 Model A Hot Rod was built and owned by famous custom car photographer Marcia Campbell.jpg

7. The 1955 Apple Blossom Parade, Winchester, VA. Patsy Cline rides with Bill Peer.jpg

The 1955 Apple Blossom Parade, Winchester, VA. Patsy Cline rides with Bill Peer...

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

9. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

1938-looking-sharp.jpg
    "I fell out of this car once while it was running, but I didn't get hurt. My ears broke the fall."

LOU WELLS likes this.
  10. garham

garham

I don't mind you posting it at all. You may find it interesting that my Fathers family immigrated to America from Friesland in the early 1900's![/QUOTE]
    I run a Facebook group called Lost Mountain View and try to collect items from the Pioneer Days to now. Diners, menus, photos, matchbooks covers, yearbook stuff And etc. Many other groups also exist.

11. Danielson Thriftway, Gladstone, Oregon
    [​IMG]

Deepwater and Dave Mc like this.
  12. What a gorgeous interior!

13. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Alpenrose Dairy has been a household name around here for many years, it is only a few miles from me. Old family friend who has passed was a deliveryman for them for years.
    I bought a 65 Chevelle from the dairys' maintainance man in the mid 70's, it was at the dairy at the time because his family lived on the property.

Here is an article on Alpenrose celebrating their 100th year.
    Many historic photos too.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2016/01/alpenrose_dairy_at_100_years_a.html#0

Gary Reynolds and Speedys Garage like this.
  15. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOW ! you would sure cause an UPROAR today with the sign on the truck. Shows how sccrewed up we are now.

16. RODDER 25

RODDER 25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.