Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wiring for my 53 Chevy PU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by husker, Mar 15, 2006.

1. husker

husker

I am looking at the EZ Wire EZ 21 wiring harness for my 53 Chevy PU. I looked at the setup last weekend at a swap meet and it looks pretty solid. $165.00 is a good price if it is not junk. Any input from the wiring experts would be appreciated!

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I have now installed three sets of Kwikwire and love it.
    Cheap, heavy gage, marked every few inches and great directions.
    Cant help with ez wire.

3. 4tford

4tford

There was a thread a while back on this subject you might want to use the search for the thread. As I remember there were a few negative comments about EZ wiring. I have installed painless without any problems and there diagrams and directions seem fine to me. Search under wire harness and see what you get.

4. rocknrods

rocknrods
    BANNED

I have used Ron Francis and Painless.
    For the money, Painless works for me.
    When you buy a Francis kit at top dollar, your not done buying at top dollar.
    (I crack myself up):)

5. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Painless.....quality harness, an easy manual to work with, & tech support without an attitude. Unless you're making a WHOLE bunch of changes, a 12 circuit harness should be all you would need.

6. Slide

Slide

This thread from a few months ago was pretty good IMO.

I've installed several EZW kits w/ no problems (running one in my daily driver as we speak), but based on the thread I linked above, plus a few other things I've been reading lately, I'm more than skittish about using them again.

I will say that their instructions are some of the worst I've seen.

I haven't installed an American Autowire kit yet, but would certainly consider them for any project I wasn't planning to wire from scratch.

7. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Depending on your experience with wiring, Painless is about the simplest to install, good quality and good support, there are no stupid questions only stupid people who won't ask. I have installed about all of them depending on where you want to locate the box, if you want the standard location,drivers side fire wall, use Painless. Under the seat or any other location will require the use of American Auto wire, ron fransis, or Centech and will cost more. You can find good deals on Painless harness's, just look. Get the harness that will do the job, If you don't plan on expanding, don't add the circuts, it just makes it harder to install and seperate the unused ones.

8. I just put and ezwire kit in my 47 international. it was pretty straight forward, but the instructions due suck carlg