Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Powermatic 1150a Assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprockmonster, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Sprockmonster

Sprockmonster

I recently acquired a Powermatic 1150a Drill press... for free I might add. The problem is that it was disassembled to be put into a dumpster (yes I was allowed to take it from the dumpster) and there may or may not be missing electrical pieces. Found a manual online at but was unable to find any specifics on the wiring. There are three wires coming from the switch (one red and two black) but there are only two sets of wires coming from the motor. The tag on the Lesson motor shows how to wire the motor for 115V or ≈220V, using different wiring configurations coming off of the motor. I was wondering if anyone here has one of these or has dealt with one of these drill presses or something similar and could help my figure out how to wire this drill press up.

2. Canus

Canus

First off we need to know if you want to wire it for 110 or 220.

3. The hi/lo voltage diagram looks to be bottom right data plate.Get an electrician to confirm.

4. Sprockmonster

Sprockmonster

I would like to wire it to 110 (at least until i have the ability to tie it into my 220). I read a thread on another forum about switches similar to this and it was concluded that the guy needed a relay to wire in. Since i have a different machine, i figured that i might want a different relay to wire into mine. Does anyone know which relay i should get (preferably from amazon if possible) or of any other options i can explore to wire this? I have found some other switches amazon but am not sure of the best way to mount it.