Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mock up pics (sort of) of my '32 Chev Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63CadGuy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. burger

burger

PS- If you want to use early Chevy hydraulic brakes, don't bother with anything earlier than the '52 (or maybe it was '51) passenger car units. The earlier ones were huck style and aren't as effective (they do look better though!).

2. Thanks Ed, let me know what you find.

3. Granted this is a truck, but here is the body mounts.....well they are gone now, but this is how the trucks were, but i'm guessing the coupes are the same...

Hope it helps

Attached Files:

4. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I've got a spare 32 chevy frame and radiator and shell radiator might be good for tanks only never checked it.if your interested pm me and I'll get some pics to ya

5. Thanks for the pics PBRmeASAP.

6. titus

titus

oh, where is that grille shell, hmm, hard to explain, its in the furthest part back, there are all the rows of muscle cars, like chevelles, impalas and a mustang or two etc etc, go to the end of those rows, and go to the left a bit, then go further back in the woods, its in that area right around there, up on the hill, its attached to a 32 chev p/u. thats about as much as i remember!

jeff

7. Thanks Jeff, I'll have to try and find it next time I head out there.

8. burger

burger

CadGuy-

I took some pictures for you last night, but they're still sitting on the camera. Hopefully I'll be able put them up on the board tonight.

Ed

9. Thanks Ed, I look forward to seeing them.

10. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

If you keep the springs build it like a 60's gasser. You got a deal on that for $500.00, there getting rare. Good find!

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Junkyard crawl after this shit melts? if it ever DOES at any rate :rolleyes: (nudder 8-10" of the white plague forecast for manyanna :mad: )

yaknow, that aint a half bad idea. . . mebbe i'll start a thread an see who wants in on something like that :cool:

P.S.
    gimme a call if/when you get ready for the lumber in that coupe... my woodshop aint been used in over a year :eek: :p we kin make up some new inside wood for it

12. nobux

nobux

I always liked the look of Pete Flaven(sp?)s 30 Chevy coupe that was in Street Rodder about 6or7 years ago. He kept the parallel leafs, and the car had a very nice stance. He used to be a Hamber, he built a 30 Ford modified with a Chevy six for power, painted copper. Here is a bad pic found on the Street Rodder website.

Karl

Attached Files:

13. Man, we should organize something for French Lake in the spring!!!!

I'll let you know about the wood, but this body has had alot of it taken out and replaced with steel, not the greatest job, but it's in there, but i'll let you know.

French Lake, let's do it!!!!

Attached Files:

14. Nobux, you have any more pics of that car?

15. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Or you could make it a gasser and not worry about lowering it;)

Mike

16. Road Toad

Road Toad

I have a 32 3-window Chevy. This will probably piss a bunch of people off. I have Ford "A" 4" drop axle in front right under a SBC, a 9" with coil overs in the back, and 700r4 in the middle.

Is there any wood left on that thing? If you need any wood there is a guy in Hanah, Indiana that makes chevy wood. he has a warehouse full of would for all old chevy's. It is great quality and fits on the cars with little or no modifications. His name is James Rodman, his phone number is 219-797-3775.

17. Thanks for the info. Most of the wood for the door mounting is gone and replaced with metal. The wood is still in the door where the latch and window mechs are, but most of the wood that held it together has been reworked with metal, not the best work, but it has been replaced and will definantly have to be worked on.

18. nobux

nobux

Here are a couple more pics of Flaven's car. His HAMB name is Pete, maybe PM him for some more info, he pops in every once in a while.

Attached Files:

19. thanks nobux

20. brewsir

brewsir

I have had my eye on a 32 chevy coupe body ...chopped about the same as yours..and no floor...anyway..now I really need to go buy it!(priced a little more than you got yours for....but not much!!)

21. Call me uncle crazy....but I think once you drop the engine and tranny in that thing it will be perfect........AS IS!:D

MY 2 cents.

phil:)

22. Road Toad......
    got any pics???? a few hambers are getting together this weekend on sunday for some good bs'in..... I REALLY want to see your 32....been in love with them since i was young, lot of family history with them

23. Go for it!! Post some pics if you do.

24. I started out wanting something slammed to the ground and the more I look at it and others, I kind of like the higher more traditional stance. I still think I'm going to Z the frame up front, but I don't think I'm going to try and go overboard, we'll see.

25. burger

burger

The pictures on my camera didn't turn out very well, so here are some shots from when the frame was built.

Attached Files:

26. Thanks burger those help a bunch. If you get anymore that would be great, thanks!

27. Burger, how far is it from the back of the spring perch to the front of firewall?

28. burger

burger

I'd guess about 10", but you probably want something more accurate than that! I'll measure tonight.

Ed

29. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

you may have seen this up on ebay for sale, well i bought it.

i been pretty excited about it, but havent been to impressed with what i have been told about the suspensions and the frames of the chevies.

so this thread is pretty neat as im about to start a 31 chevy myself

Attached Files:

30. Looks preety clean, what are your plans for it?