Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for a sway bar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 9, 2016.

1. My pal Dave,the owner of the 34-32 confused pickup,called me tonight asking me if I knew of a manufacture of a bolt on sway bar.

In the test drive around the block the truck experienced some body roll and he cut up the right rear tire.

The truck has a triangular 4 bar and coil over shocks,he's a little bummed out and really needs to find a bolt on sway bar if it exist,he sure doesn't want to start grinding and welding on all the fresh paint.

I would appreciate any leads. HRP

2. Find an old 70's Ford Courier pickup. Their front sway bar is perfect for most pre-war cars. I put one on the rear of my '36 Willys & my '36 Pontiac Sedan. Bar is straight with splayed ends @ about 30deg but they can be bend in a press to straight back if necessary.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Thanks for the lead and I'll pass it along but Dave is under the gun to finish the interior and correct this problem by next Saturday. HRP

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I have the exact same rear suspension on a 9", so I used the anti-sway bar off a mid 80's F-250. I harvested the bar, axle mounts and frame mounts for only $25.

I turned the frame mounts to bolt right on the '32 frame rails and then used some replacement short links with poly bushings from Auto-Zone. It fits perfect without modification.

It used to change lanes when I stabbed it, but now it goes straight as an arrow. Handles like a go-kart around curves.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I bought a Ford rear sway bar for my 78' Ranchero and it corners like a go-kart , along with the 50 series TA radials

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have never used a four bar, but isn't a panhard bar required?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. If it is a parallel 4-bar, yes. Triangular 4-bar, no.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. My black sedan has a torsion bar set up that I purchased from TCI years ago and it too handles like a slot car. HRP

11. Thanks for all the hints and advice,the urgency is a non issue now,Dave found water in the oil last night so taking the car to Kentucky ain't gonna happen this weekend. HRP

12. Also early 80s T bird has a good one. Rear bar that is.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. I have been to a gay bar, a lesbian bar even a cowboy bar but I have never even heard of a sway bar. That's just weird man. :confused: o_O:rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Damn Beeno,you get stranger every day!:rolleyes:

I'm certain you have bellied up to the bar and frequented many a biker bar but what about a crow bar,piano bar or a sissy bar? HRP

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

...Or a Candy bar? Suh-weeeet...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. A sway bar is another name for a Swisher Bar, and that is code for Gay Bar ~ If you're into that sort of thing.

Now as for an Anti Sway Bar ~ I would go with TCI's set up.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. Damn Don,
    I have been away from home long. :D

@HOTRODPRIMER My favorite is a salad bar. :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Oh yeah,I didn't even think of the one and only Candy Bar! hubba,hubba. HRP

edited photo

[​IMG]

19. Road Eyes

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. dadz34

dadz34
    from Argyle, TX

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.