Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

The chrome 38 grille is probably the nicest piece of my 38 coupe, which you guys get the pleasure of helping/watching me build.

IMG_20160709_160209_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160709_160233_hdr.jpg

Hood is pretty sweet too though.

els likes this.
  2. 1959 F100

1959 F100

What did I do yesterday?? got up, delivered My newspaper motor route came home took 54 Buick for a spin, came home sat in front of fan rest of day, breaking wind as needed

els likes this.
  3. I spent my time on Terra Ferma,not at sea but I am well aware of the term midwatch and what it means.

BTW,I fixed your T Bucket Nationals photo that showed the offending mini van,hope you don't mind. HRP

[​IMG]

Atwater Mike and 55Belairman like this.
  4. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

I can't believe no one noticed the repurposed ladder rack/ work bench... I grew up on a farm in ga. Everything I do looks like it too...lol

5. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Thank you there hrp...it was so bright, pictures were taken from the truck...parking was such that you drove thru the show first...hmmm

6. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

[​IMG]

I hoped the blown big block would distract you there.

7. 33essex

33essex

I got up around 4:30 this morning . Watched some tv then at 8:00 went up to a friend's. To help him put roofing on his new sugar house rained the whole time. Just got home at 4:00 pm.

8. Not at all. HRP

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Checked off another day for my radius rods to arrive and made a final decision on a Panard bar for my T Bucket.

[​IMG]

10. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I drove 140 miles to Junkyard Jeff's house in Dayton, Ohio. He took me to a really cool old junkyard with all kinds of cars from the '30s to the '60s. I bought a pumpkin out of a '58 T-Bird for my '60 Edsel for $25. It's currently locked up but I hope to get it loosened up in the next couple of days. I hated the 3.70 gear in it so now it will have a 3.10 gear so I'll be able to go faster than 65 on the freeway. Now I'm watching the Quaker State 400 from Kentucky Speedway which is 40 miles up the freeway from my house. I hope a Ford or Chevy wins and not a Riceota....

Atwater Mike and bobss396 like this.
  11. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I pulled the engine and tranny out of my 48 Austin. I called my two burly nephews to come over and lift the body off of the frame while I watched. Time to finish up the X member and rear coil over mounts.

slim39 likes this.
  12. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I replaced valve cover gaskets on my O/T daily, checked out a used van for my ex-wife, hung out with a buddy in his shop and watched him build a Vega drag car, then came home to the family. Got the notice that my cam is on the way, so I can complete one of my many projects, but it won't be here til next Friday.

Devin

13. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Cool, cool, car guys working on cars, that's what this is supposed to be....I hope to be that pesky thing that drives you out to the garage at 3am..
    An hour a day, 1 good day every weekend, that's all it takes to build most cars for a backyard guy...farm out parts you are stuck on...ask advice here too, an excellent resource.

I am finishing the bracket now, finished pics soon

Finishing up the bracket

14. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I got a few hours playing with the truck. Messing with my new ignition switch, devil always in the details. Made it as far as the starter, no plan how I'm going to shield the solenoid from exhaust heat. Slow and steady wins the race...

15. Got up at 8 made some coffee. Went out back and plugged in the sawzall and cut out a big protuding root from the lawn. Filled the new hole back in. Ate breakfast, bowl of raisin bran. Checked in on the HAMB. went out to the garage and finished lining up the shackle brackets on my 8" housing. Tacked the first one on on the side of the bracket, and then cut the tack back of because it pulled the bracket out of alignment. Retacked it on at the bracket center. and then tacked the sides. Then did the other bracket. Welded my home made axle seal puller adaptor, for my morgan knocker. Pulled the old seals out of the housing. Started messing around with the third member that I'm getting ready to rebuild. Ate dinner in there some where with the wifey son and mother-in-law. Then I typed out this mess. Hope to get some more work done tomorrow. :)

16. I was invited to go to a small car show with some guys from the local AACA. The president of the local chapter lives two doors from me and he asked me to take the cabrio over so I did. they cooked lunch for us also. Here's a few pics. First and second pics are of Chester, my neighbor, demonstrating his opposed/exposed 1910 Maxwell. The cabrio, followed by a car I've seen and known for at least 40 years, a '34 three window restored. It is as nice as they come. And a few misc. pics. It was really a lot of fun. The old guys had a ball coming out and seeing the cars. 046.JPG 048.JPG 044.JPG 054.JPG 060.JPG 057.JPG 059.JPG 053.JPG

wicarnut, kiwijeff and Fedman like this.
  17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

went to "Gambinos Sit Down" in San Jose about noonish. too lazy to get my 61 Dodge out of the garage, drove my regular pickemup.

I started to clean up the American 5 spokes I bought for my 1949 Chevrolet 25 years ago so I could put tires on them and put them on my daily driver. hopefully the tires will still be good if/when I ever get my 49 back together.

18. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Good day there pat, minevhas been a lil busy too

IMG_20160709_213452_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160709_214117_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160709_215213_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160709_215240_hdr.jpg

Done, now on to the other half, under the dash...not today though.

pat59 likes this.
  19. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

This morning I went to my garage and yelled dirty things at my headers and tomorrow morning when I get up, I'll be on my way to the Long Beach Swap Meet after a stop at the donut shop.

20. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

I hope this helped someone....steel was .60 a lb...about 3.00 total cost including the rustoleum....using nothing but a pizza box and basic tools, and common sense. Build it, drive it, sell it so you can build another...repeat til you die...heaven is you get your favorite back.... Enjoy y'all.

kiwijeff and pat59 like this.
  21. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Took the DeSoto powered Roadster out for the frist time, about 50 miles
    Got a rock in the rear brake, lots of noise. in the frist 2 mile's
    25 miles out the heater core let go, sprayed water on wifes feet.
    One mile later flat tire on the rear.
    2 miles from home it vapor locked.
    But we made it with bugs on the windsheild.
    Had fun hanging on to my hat , wife lost her bonnet

22. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Went on a 130 mile cruze yesterday and a 100 miler today IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936_2.jpg IMG_0938.JPG IMG_0940.JPG

23. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Combo that we just made the bracket for...mild 400 with an m22. IMG_20160709_225616_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160709_225633_hdr.jpg

24. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Helped a fellow HAMBer put a rear end together. It is pretty cool. Put new bearings in my cut-off saw and put it back together. Hope it cuts straight and square.....o_O

25. Shotcrete job in Southern California, then drove home to Las Vegas, looked at my shoebox Ford project in the garage for ten minutes, took a shower, then a nap. That's my Saturday. Someday I'll drive this car, I swear.

Attached Files:

26. Cleaned my shop floor.

27. 55Brodie

55Brodie

Mostly I sweated by fat ass off. Heat index here has been 106 to 110 degrees all week with 70% plus humidity. Took the dogs to the bark park at 6:30am and was back in the garage by 9:00 futzing with the dash in my 62 Impala. By 10:00 I was soaking wet and had enough. Shower and hit the Barco lounger for a nap.

Oh Danny....old Indian trick....use a paper towel folded up for a coffee filter.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  28. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Too bad I am so far away, we could knock out those floorpans in a couple of nights. Good job shoring it up.

29. Hey, thanks! I'm going to to put in a new dual reservour master cylinder first while its still easy to do (for disc brakes), then maybe a transmission. That's why it's taking so long. Then the floor pans, sheesh. I've never done that before, guess I'm gonna learn as I go.

30. Daniels Auto Repair

Daniels Auto Repair

Anything I can do to help, just give a shout, what kind of tranny?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.