Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods mopar flathead intake i think looking for info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by svh541, Apr 22, 2015.

1. svh541

svh541
    from medford

hi i'm just looking for any info in a edmunds intake i found thanks. FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg

2. 73RR

73RR

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Like what? Edmunds was a california company that made accessories for many motors. They went out of business around 1960. They were not about hot rods or racing, their products were aimed at the average motorist who wanted more power speed and efficiency. Edmunds motto was "Modernize Your Motor".

They were not thought much of by the hot rod crowd but today they are considered desirable for the nostalgia kick. A manifold like that would probably go for $300+ on Ebay.

4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I kinda' disagree with you about the "They were not about hot rods or racing" statement. About a month ago there was an offer of an Edmunds dual carb manifold for an 8BA on eBay. It was of the "Super Dual" configuration (carbs directly over the ports) and the carb bases were for 4-bolt carbs. I don't think that the "average motorist" would be too thrilled to have to procure two carbs and deal with all the problems (generator brackets, linkage, etc.) that installing this manifold would require. I have a couple of sets of Edmunds 8BA heads I acquired mainly for their unique qualities. Among these are a relocated plug (that allows the use of extended tip plugs) and a smaller than normal combustion chamber that is said to yield a true 8:1 compression ratio. These are looked on favorably by some guys who have been around a long time and seem to know their stuff.

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

That is not a knock to Edmunds. But, when he was in business, his advertising and products were slanted towards the average motorist who wanted better performance on the street or on the highway. He had a big shop where you could bring your car for the full treatment. Drive in in the morning, drive out in the afternoon with everything installed and tuned by Eddie Edmunds or one of his trained mechanics. His products were also sold by speed shops.

He made heads, manifolds etc for cars others did not touch, like Packard, Nash, Rambler, Pontiac straight eight, Chrysler flathead six, cars that were never used for racing or hot rods.

6. 73RR

73RR

wow...I bumped this thread 'cause I thought that the OP was looking for info on
    what the manifold fit, not a treatise on the company... oh well...

To the OP, a photo of the port side and some measurements might be useful.

7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

He said any info and he got it. According to the title he already knows it's for a Chrysler product?

There are too many of these vague open ended questions. It's usually a waste of time answering them, the questioner doesn't know what he wants, and never comes back anyway.

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rusty's and my posts served to bump the thread and also supplied some relevant information to the O/P. As such, I think the are more valuable than a simple "bump". The times I looked at this thread it was already on the second page, and you know what that means.

9. fordkustom

fordkustom

I can tell by the pic alone no measurement needed it's for the dodge plymouth short blocks 218 230s

Sent from my C6725 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Looks like that to me, too.
    Back in 1954, a neighbor (older kid, Jerry Salas) had a '49 Plymouth with that intake, twin pipes, too. He belonged to the 'Krankers' of Los Altos (?)
    Jerry and girlfriend got into a 'hot runoff' vs. a '41 Chevy out on a highly crowned 2 lane country road...As he got to the top of 2nd gear, his girlfriend grabbed the wheel, pulled on it hard, "Don't drag, Jerry...Don't drag!" ...and put them in the ditch!
    Plymouth dug up some dirt, but they were O.K.

fordkustom likes this.