Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects T-Bird seats for 50 Merc

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Bounder, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Bounder

Bounder

What years T Bird seats fix into a 50 Mercury, guess I'm getting old can't remember. Gonna replace the interior, may just go this way. Oh yeah it's a more door but don't think it will matter. Thanks.

2. 1pickup

1pickup

3. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

64-66 is correct, that is what I am running in mine

4. yep......But many variables to what your keeping/what your loosing.......I'ts not just a "bolt in and go".

5. redroaddog

redroaddog

Should be a good fit the bottoms might be thinner than stock and need raised up a bit and I think the bottom of t bird is split

6. Bounder

Bounder

Mine's a four door will this make a difference? I'm doing all new interior so I guess if I need to "modify" a little it could be done. My backseat is 61 inches across. Just looking for ideas. If anyone has this interior and wants to sell let me know.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  7. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

This is correct, there is some fabrication involved for the install. If you are using the package tray then a lot of fabrication is involved

8. Bounder

Bounder

Thanks to those of you that responded, a couple of you had seats but we never connected. California and Montana are a bit too far from Tenn. Shipping costs would be more than the cost of the seats. Guess I'm back to Evilbay. Thanks anyway.