Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1941 WILLYS Need to identify a decal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1933_willys_77, May 16, 2015.

1. Seeing the Triad and Co on the door I am thinking it is a variation of the Triad symbol possibly a company logo.
    TRIAD
    noun: triad · plural noun: triads
    a group or set of three connected people or things:
    Maybe something like Horsepower, Torque, Acceleration.

Here is an example of a Triad symbol

[​IMG]

2. The lettering for Triad Land Co. came from the fact that there were three owners of a real estate development company. Symbol was a triangle with the letter of each owner in the corners. But thanks for the input.

3. BTT,
    Still searching

4. Been about a week so I'm giving this a bump. Still trying to I.D. this decal.

5. bobw

bobw

At the time it was Triad it was owned by Al Tschida and his brother in-law, Bill Mitchell. It won D/Gas at the Winternationals. Al used Racer Brown cams in his previous Willys coupe. Sadly, Al passed away a this spring at age 74.

6. Still don't think it's a Racer Brown. The decal in the window has a white background. The Racer Brown doesn't

7. 26Troadster

26Troadster

Attached Files:

8. Thanks,
    That photo is from the Winernationals at Pomona in 1970, as mentioned earlier some of the stickers/decals have been changed or removed.

9. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I blew the image up to about 800% in a graphics program and it looks like an old Racer Brown image to me.

Jimbo

Racer Brown Cams.jpg

10. Larry T

Larry T

Anyone see something similar? (yea, I know it's crude).

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  11. Well I just got home after my 7 hour drive from the GASSER meet at Thompson Drag Raceway in Ohio and my suspicions were confirmed It is a Cam-A-Go. Here's a photo I took of my friend Al's restored "Mr. C" T/F Dragster and thanks to Al I have obtained the last piece to the window puzzle Thanks for everyone's input

006.JPG

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    HEMI32 and elgringo71 like this.
  12. Well, my friend John brought it out for it's first showing this past weekend at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green and I didn't see any other pics posted anywhere on here. So here it is still wearing its 1967 paint. Hope you enjoy it.
    P.S.
    He located the original window from a previous owner but decided not to put the stickers on as they changed from race to race so the one I made I will keep for myself as a wall hanger, done up as from the 1969 Indy Nationals
    IMG_20160617_090932838.jpg 20160429_221108.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  13. I applaud your persistence. Great looking car.

14. Wasn't just one person but a group dedicated to preserving a little piece of history. There will be an article on the cars story out soon enough. Thanks

delray57 and elgringo71 like this.
  15. jays41willys

jays41willys
    from nj

looks like the racer brown sticker to me

16. delray57

delray57

Please post the article when it happens as I am sure a lot us us will be interested. Thanks!!

17. Lionheart

Lionheart

Man, this is an old thread I just un-covered on here.
    I owned this Willys about 50 years ago for a short time.
    The Triad Land Co. on the doors was then covered up by
    the Wild Willy logo spray painted on the doors by someone.
    The Triad Land Co. was still on the trunk lid at that time tho.
    Some of the lettering and decals were removed by then too.
    PM me and maybe I could be of a little help...
    Lanny Ostenson Montevideo, Mn.

rod1 and Speed Gems like this.