Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Ford Panel

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fire Fox, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

2. I also agree if I walk up and ask what year it is and you say oh it's a 33 I'm like :oops: You mean ford made a 33 seems like it's the most rare car/year of all and for that fact it's way cooler than a over reproduced 32. I would love to be swapmeeting and camping in that panel. Flatty roaring down the highway. To bad I'm building an all original 32 roadster or I would be bugging you to sell this to me. My dream is to build a very early milk truck for a swapmeet camper parts getter. :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

I'll trade it for your roadster, and I'll even throw in the slant window cabriolet!

4. Lol. If I wasnt recreating my grandpas el mirage dry lakes race car I would be thinking hard about the trade. He's almost 86 so I I'm on a mission. I would trAde you for an all original 1927 chevy 3 window double AA coupe I have just for the panel... Pm me for pictures.

5. what Pete and most said - great save and let's move on to the build !

LOU WELLS likes this.
  6. HOTRODRONNY

HOTRODRONNY

LOOKS TO BE A 33 1/2 TON PANEL TRUCK NOT THE BIG TRUCK 1 TON HAVE FUN WITH IT THAT'S WHAT ALL THIS CAR CRAP IS ABOUT YA KNOW

7. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

He wanted me to have these crates that were in it when he bought it so I went and got them today, pretty cool! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465958995.664683.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465959015.512521.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465959033.861690.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465959067.442039.jpg
    Does anyone know what this strange piece might be?

8. Squablow

Squablow

Great truck, good score. As much as I love roadsters, one of these would be great because it's practical and you can put the seat wherever you need it for comfort. Very good looking too.

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. abone1930

abone1930

Cool find, nice shape to start a project :)

10. One of the quickest visuals between the 32 and 33/34 panel trucks is the belt line on the body. If the upper section of belt line just behind the doors is rounded at the top, like the rear, it's a 32 (1st pic). 33/34's belt line came to a square at the top of the doors (2nd pic).

[​IMG]

Nice score on the panel. My father has a 32 panel.

11. verde742

verde742

BHR 31DlvryHome1 4-13.JPG
    Cause it IS, look at the swoop in the frame, 32's are straight.

33's have radiator mounted IN FRONT of cross member, (leans)
    32's on top. is vertical.

Any body want a 1931 sedan delivery ? ( one door in back ) ABOVE, contact me.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    LOU WELLS and Fire Fox like this.
  12. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rat Rod Steering Box...?
    [​IMG]
    I think it's part of a Yarn Spinner (Grandma had one)...probably has another name here...?

Atwater Mike and LOU WELLS like this.
  13. Pete

Pete

Aersome truck! Wish I had something to trade!

Fire Fox likes this.
  14. Clevername

Clevername

Man if you could keep most of this interior patina on your build, I think it would be cool!

[​IMG]

Kelvin

Fire Fox likes this.
  15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, that is part of a spinning wheel, crates are a nice addition. Is the panel still here in Connecticut? Bob

16. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

GOOD LUCK with your NEW TOY HAVE FUN ITS COOL :cool::cool:

17. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

No Bob, it's in Georgia now.

18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

The nice thing about your 33 panel truck is that it looks to be mostly complete. Which is a major plus as these trucks are not easy builds when you are missing the wood and small brackets that make up the body. I Love the 32-34 panel trucks, You don't see them often anymore. I had a 32 panel truck a few years ago and ended up parting it out, (still have one complete side) Kinda wish I would have kept it but I am not getting any younger and have started to pick my battles....LOL

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

I feel you, I'm only 41 but I have 16 and 12 year old girls and that means vehicles and college soon! I have the 29 Tudor that's my profile picture, a late 31 slant window cabriolet project, and now this 33 panel. My dream car would be a bare bones roadster or 3 window coupe, I'm still looking but they are non existent in north Georgia, although the guy I bought the panel from just told me he knows a guy that has a real 32 3 window but doesn't know if he will sell, I'm praying he will and I can sell everything and buy it! That panel would make an awesome swap meet ride.

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

We are in the exact same boat, I am only 41 as well and my daughter is getting ready to start driving and as you said college is coming soon. So I have thinned the herd a bunch, I sold 2 of my 32 five windows and a shit ton of early ford parts (a lot of my good stuff) to put a down payment on My New home, where I plan to Die As I Never want to have to move again. Now I only have my chopped 32 left (which I will never sell). I have a 32 pickup, A 32 roadster, A 29 sedan delivery, I have 2 1930 model A coupes, 26 Tall T coupe and My 33 3 window project coupe. I know this may sound like a lot stuff still to some, But when just 2 years ago I had 3 times this much stuff It doesn't really look like much. Build the Panel Everyone has a roadster these days....just my 2 cents

Tin Lizzie likes this.
  21. CCRSTEAL32

CCRSTEAL32

It's absolutely NOT a 32. The body on a 32 had a different side molding than 33-34. I used to own a 34. On a 32 the side molding at the upper rear corner of the side doors, is curved, not a 90 degree corner as this one has. I'll try and find some photos

22. CCRSTEAL32

CCRSTEAL32

Oops! Indy47Caddy already posted a couple good photos that show the different side panels. You can't make a 32 out of a 33-34 without the correct side panels

23. Mart

Mart

It's a nice find, and I think just put back in running order as it was it will be absolutely great. It ain't a 32 and there was enough to be able to date it easily visible, so why the seller said it was a 32 is a bit dubious. The x member frame is a dead giveaway. I hope you got it at what is a fair price for a 33 and didn't pay the usual 32 premium.
    Regardless, it is a cool vehicle with a neat history and will look great once back up and running again.

Mart.

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those are called Panel Deliveries because they are based on a '33-'34 truck, not a closed car(sedan, coupe, etc.) The Sedan Delivery is based on sedan front sheet metal with one door in the rear. The Panels are unique with 7' of room in the rear, enough to sleep back there at a rod run in cool weather.

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. The chassis under my 32 3 window came from a 32 Panel Delivery and had the stock passenger frame with 106" wheelbase so they don't alwasy have a longer wheelbase from the factory.
    Your car is a 33-34 for sure.

Hennie

Fire Fox likes this.
  27. mike bowling

mike bowling

Great find with a lot of cool "provenance" included.
    It's nice to know the history of these old gals.
    Good luck--Have fun with it! ( even if it isn't a '32 ( Jeez Louise! don't feel guilty! LOL)

28. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

That would be nice restored with the original sign lettering on the side.

29. IronTrap

IronTrap

Love this. Always have had a sweet spot for old delivery and panel trucks of the 20's-early 50's and earlier. Build it up and embrace that patina!

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm guessing that was not their first delivery vehicle...
    s-l1600.jpg

Fire Fox likes this.