Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bubba's hot rod shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tom rager, Jun 10, 2016.

1. No worries, I found a place holder option. I know you do good work. I didn't realize just how busy you are. I guess it's a blessing and curse.

2. 5window

5window

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I love press just not this kind. I am at work this morning looking at Tom Ragers order he ordered a Chevy Point conversion for the flathead on Friday May 17th thru paypal.....Didnt include any shipping information ( that will take me some time to either call or email for shipping info.) I have a box of just finished cores and shouldnt be a problem i assigned the order # 61130 in the computer on monday the 20th of May. Friday June the 10th the HAMB board blew with the problem post . Kinda surprized as others are patiently waiting for the chevy conversion as well.
    Today i received a payment dispute from paypal regarding a complaint Tom Rager filed June 9th regarding lack of shipment, the day before the hamb post .....
    I have been in business for 24 plus years and believe sometimes you just need to fire the customer!
    I voided the order in the computer , asked paypal to refund all money owed to Tom Rager and took him off the shop build list!!!

I feel great and am building some more chevrolet conversions this morning still trying to get caught up...

4. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

I can say that jim's work is dead nuts on. When you receive it, it's right.

If you can't wait, go on down to the local oreillys and deal with the counter peckers!

Texas Webb, tierod and 3wLarry like this.
  5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Jim Linder is my hero :)

Moriarity, tierod and crminal like this.
  6. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Kind of like the old times, a whiner slap down!

tierod likes this.
  7. 5window

5window

Well, Bubba, I believe I owe you an apology. Sorry.

tierod likes this.
  8. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

well taken thanks.....

tierod likes this.
  9. prpmmp

prpmmp

Bubba!! You have to forgive the OP!!! He's from Pa.:eek: (My distributor is working flawlessly!!) OP you f$#ked up!! Pete

tierod likes this.
  10. Roadsterholic

Roadsterholic

always great service and help Jim

tierod likes this.
  11. I never really liked him. :D :D

Jim is good people, maybe my thinking that is not a good character reference. Doesn't make it not true. He has never been anything but honest with me and as far as I am concerned that outs him in the good people column.

I am not a moderator so what I am going to say probably doesn't carry any more weight than my saying that Jim is alright but this would probably be a good time to move on. There are really bigger n better things for us to talk about.

Texas Webb, tierod and crminal like this.
  12. Bubba said
    let go in the ignition business, well go 50/50
    there's points kabobs, boiled condensers, distributor sandwich, advance on a stick, roasted counter weights, dwell salad, iron gear soup, cap pot pie, .............

tierod likes this.
  13. tom rager

tom rager
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't

My only issue with Jim is that he is not upfront with his turnaround time,if it is going to be awhile be honest and say so. And by the way I did send a shipping address.unlike he said.I have been in business 38 yrs. and always tell people up front when I take on a job how long the wait will be. That's all I ask,don't think that is unfair.. Also I never accept payment until the job is finished. I guess that makes me a idiot. Is that too much to ask for?

14. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

there are other people who do ignition work.....

15. Bader2

Bader2

Charlie in ny,who else?

16. well if you would stop pandering to these Chevy guys, the Ford stuff would be done :D:D

17. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I agree ,should get caught up on the flat conversions early next week. Cores being machined as we speak.....

tierod likes this.
  18. Give it up, Jims rep here is greater than your meager single digit posts. Post count don't mean shit but in your case it looks like you were trying to stir up the villagers with no basis. He has treated many of us great for many years.

3wLarry, tierod and big duece like this.