Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Well as you all know I was going to wait until next winter to finish the headliner in this build. BUT! the little wife said get it done.....She only has to tell me one time to do something on my rides and I go for it. (she wants it done for the trip to LARS)
    Took it over to the interior shop today and so Friday it will have a new headliner. Photos to come soon of the new headliner.

Tim and Runnin shine like this.
  2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I liked the chicken wire....:D

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

it looks soo amazing !!!! loving the look with the excelsiors as well... excellent !!

Sent from my SM-N900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. So did I.......but she did not see the beauty in it I guess.

5. Well here it is the 26th and they are still not finished with the head liner and covering around the back window area. Not bitching a lot due to the weather has not been very nice here.
    But after working on this build almost everyday for the last couple years I have to say "I miss not having it in my shop" So I have been spending my days giving the deuce sedan and roadster some long over due attention.
    I am just glad they worked me in as you all know most shops are booked and you have to get in line.
    May-be I will have it back this Friday they tell me. So I will have some photos then.

loudbang and big duece like this.
  6. Weather what's that it's 86 here on the central coast of California. It's hard for me to even think people live other places than here. Rain snow hail never seen it lol. They are probly just out joy riding her around town. I know I would..... Can't wait to see her in pomona next month. I struck a deal with the guy that has the real deal Henry 32 roadster Dennis. Gonna go pick her up next week. Thought you might like to know.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man it's raining, hailing and storming to beat hell down here! Thinking I might need a boat soon lol

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

9. Well I picked the 3 window up from the interior shop yesterday and had to time it just right in between the down pours, but made it back to the shop high and dry. Not that I mind driving in the rain as this rod will see it's share of that for sure. I just did not want to have to clean up the mess for only a 10 mile run in it.
    Head liner turned out great and adds to the rest of the interior for sure. The nice thing is I have been looking for an old cover that goes around the rear window T handle with no luck. While drive home I was adjusting the rear view and seen the T handle in it....POW! it had the coolest cover that matched the T handle to a tee. Thanks to my interior shop as he had it hanging around left over from another job some time. Now that was cool of him....

wedjim, loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  10. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

12. Great work, simple and very stylish to match the rest of this great Hotrod...

loudbang likes this.
  13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Saw you made the local paper and power glide magazine over seas! Didn't realize we were dealing with such a celebrity! ;)

Dick Stevens likes this.
  14. Tim,
    Ha, Ha....I did not realize it my self....Where did you see that at? It sure was a nice write up in the French magazine Power Glide with some great photos.

hotrodderhaag and loudbang like this.
  15. Driving the crap out of it and loving every mile.........Think I am going to have to change my avatar to this 3 window.....Can I get some feed back on should I do this or leave it as is.........

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

How about all 3 deuces?

wedjim likes this.
  17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Please don't. I use the bright yellow as a warning light of sorts as I scroll. It helps me keep up with your posts amongst the muck and the mire.

18. Well guys I got a last second hair up my butt and thought I should jump in the 3 window and split for Kansas City to Pete & Jakes open house show. I have been just wanting to go some where in it and put some more test miles on it. So off I go...
    Great trip down to KC, seen lot's of good friends and met some new ones. Got to meet up with "Tim from Raytown" and talk to him in person. That was cool.
    Made the run home on Sunday and it was a good trip also with no problems.
    Great show....Thanks to the Slover's Jerry & Jayson. Not sure I have the spelling correct on the names.

loudbang and 509garyd like this.
  19. BigJoeArt

BigJoeArt

Hey! I saw you at pete and jakes! The deuce looks killer! Great Job!

Attached Files:

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Was good to finally meet you as well! I'll have to talk you into a ride next time :)

Should be some pix I took of your coupe going online today and tomorrow on Royboyproductions.com

But here's a teaser

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Have you drove either of your other cars since finishing the 3w?

23. Matter of fact I have as I done a lot of work on the deuce sedan like replaced all the frontend bushings, checked all the bolts, changed oil & filter, gave it a good spring cleaning inside and out. Plus a wax job and new plugs. Drain the radiator and install new fluids.
    Then took it out for a nice afternoon drive.
    The roadster is still on the lift getting it's spring cleaning, oil change and general going over checking things. When I do my spring cleaning on them I do the bottom as nice as the top side.
    I like to keep my hot rods ready to rock and roll at any time.

Tim likes this.
  24. Tim,
    Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and posting the them.......Can't wait to see what else you come up with. No problem on the ride....remind me at Platte City show.

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I just read this thread from start to finish.

Fantastic. Well done, and it just goes to show that age is no barrier to doing what you want.

Some day, I will have a hot rod. My family commitments keep it out of reach for the present - but I live in hope, and with such inspirational threads as this one, my enthusiasm hasn't waived.

Can you tell me how much the top was chopped?

Love this picture
    downloadfile-43.jpg

jbob1944 likes this.
  27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

4.5"

Stovebolt likes this.
  28. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Artsy B&W photo..... best shot of it yet. Looks like a big shinny diamond! image1.JPG

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Pufff, Tim, wedjim and 3 others like this.
  29. So where can I buy this POSTER!!!!!!!!! Holy hotrod..... Gulf we don't have time to play games, were to busy building hotrods and changing underware.... Awesome picture.

383deuce likes this.
  30. DeucemanLt1

DeucemanLt1

Big duece- Do you really need to use vulgar language?
    Not fit for mixed company or my grandsons.