Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Brake help 37 Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattoos by brandon, May 16, 2016.

1. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

I have a 37 Plymouth coupe and I'm trying to bleed the brakes but I can't seam to get it to work well with the set up
    In the picture you can see how there is a bolt inside of a bolt into the wheel cylinder and I tired bleeding from the bolt closest to the wheel cylinder and I halt to almost completely remove it to get air out but it seams to let air in because I'm having a hard time getting pedal ...
    I seen on a manual that you should use a bleeder that screws in ? With a hose on it and I do not have it so do I need it or what can I do ???
    This is my first pre war car and I know it's simple brakes but I'm having a hard time and I don't want to wast time if I'm doing something wrong [​IMG]

2. Mengestwinspeedshop

Mengestwinspeedshop
    from Santa Rosa

Pull the first bolt out completely then Bleed it normally just cracking the bleeder. That bolt sounds like it's there to keep the threads clean, I had a dodge truck axle with that same set up

3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Right on I'll try that ...I got a new brake pedal return spring and I considered getting new bleeders that matched the threads but I'll try that first