Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Car recovered (Syracuse, N.Y)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM, May 11, 2016.

1. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I found out today that my project (in storage) has been stolen.
    Needless to say, I am PISSED. Since this is such a unique vehicle,
    I'd ask any locals to keep their eyes open. More than likely, this car is
    long gone and probably in China being used to make Soup Cans.
    The last time that I laid eyes on it was September or October 2015.
    There is no way of knowing when it was taken. I have very deep ties
    to the local Sheriff's Department and there will be some trees shaken.
    P.M. me if you see it or know anything about its whereabouts.

Thanks,
    VR&C (Mark).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sad news indeed. Hope your friends at the Sheriff's Dept. can have some success finding it and the thief.

Hnstray likes this.
  3. Moondog13

Moondog13

Awww man, I loved that car and always looked forward to updates on it. Good luck, I hope she pops back up.

falcongeorge and Hnstray like this.
  4. I will definitely be looking in the lower part of the state I hope you get your car back lets find this one!! Hobo Jim

5. That car is so unique it truly would take a real idiot to steel it and try to re-sell. You couldn't even part it out. Best of luck my friend and sorry for the rotten experience. Tim

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. ken bogren

ken bogren

That's bad news. That has to be one of the more interesting cars around. Here's hoping you find the scum that stole it.

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Truly sucks. It reminds me of what the manager of the storage facility that I kept my T in told me about thefts. "Usually, when something comes up missing from a storage unit, it's because the renter told someone what they had in storage."

I'd bet the culprit is someone you told about the car and where you kept it. It may have been someone, who overheard a conversation about the car.

belair and jeffd1988 like this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Other than the body any drivetrain pieces special/modified etc? I too liked to watch progress on the body..

9. Tony

Tony

Bump for ya.
    Real sorry to hear about this man!!
    I'll keep an eye our here in Rochester and spread the word for ya.

I have NO tolerence for thieves!!

Tony

10. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow was it insured

11. bump up.....let's find it....damnit

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH

Btt

Let's find this car! I'll personally vow to break any nose I see in connection to the theft if I see one.

14. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Bump

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Damn, that sucks ! I hope it turns up . Any cameras at the storage unit ?

16. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

watching here in Rochester for anything....details about unique parts will help.

17. gas & guns

gas & guns

Sure would be nice to catch them and lock em in a barn with a bunch of HAMBers.

18. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

19. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

THANKS for all of the replies. No insurance that I know of ?? Will be checking with my Homeowners but don't think they'll cover it since it wasn't on my property. No cameras. No leads yet. If I find these jerks, a baseball bat will be involved in the repossession.
    Unfortunately, I haven't put my eyes on it since October 2015, and not sure when it was stolen.

VR&C.

20. Slopok

Slopok

If they were dumb enough to steal a car that unique they might be stupid enough to finish it and take it to a show somewhere to show it off. Then you can claim it back as there would be no denying it's yours, aint another one around, that's for sure. What a shame.

OahuEli likes this.
  21. jcs64

jcs64

eyes open up here!

22. nevrDUN51'

nevrDUN51'
    from Nashua, NH

Bump. Let's get this guys car back. Someone has to have seen it somewhere.

23. That sucks Mark, I'll keep an eye out this way.

24. r guy
    You have to wonder why the thief/thieves stole such a unique unfinished car,most of the storage facility thefts are perpetrated by crack heads looking for something to turn into some quick cash.

I fear that your storage unit wasn't just a random break in but was targeted specifically to take the car by someone that plans on selling it to some unsuspecting car guy,ether here or overseas.

I do hope the Police solve the case soon and you have your car returned undamaged. HRP

25. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Thanks guys. There is a "back" story and I have a good idea (generally) who is involved. Due to the almost 6 months since I've seen the car; it may never be seen again. Given the "back" story, it very well may been a Crackhead that sold it for scrap ??
    Time will tell.

Thanks again to all that have viewed this thread.

VR&C (Mark)

26. Damn I'm sorry brother. I hate hearing about stolen cars. I've heard of so many lately I've gotten paranoid about my own rides. Being in the software business, I've started working on a gps tracker so I can get notified if the car moved. Hopefully that'll out my mind at ease a little.

Good luck I hope you get some news.

OahuEli likes this.
  27. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

28. jcs64

jcs64

gregCT.
    looks like the indecent you mentioned is all taken care of:
    Active Scanner Alerts
    7 hrs ·
    AMSTERDAM: Amsterdam police arrested an Amsterdam man for allegedly stealing a vehicle from an abandoned residential garage in the city. According to Amsterdam police Christopher L. VanHorne age 31 of Forbes Street allegedly forged a receipt purporting he was the owner of the vehicle. He then allegedly sold the vehicle to someone who was not aware it had been stolen. VanHorne was charged with second-degree forgery, a felony, petit larceny and third-degree criminal trespass. VanHorne was held pending arraignment.

29. Locally, there was a '69 Camaro grabbed with a flatbed in 2 minutes... the owner was in a burger joint having lunch.

30. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know about your storage by my enclosed car trailer was broke in and tools/generator and a few misc things taken. Good thing the didn't know what Bonneville tires were worth. Anyway my Homeowners (Mercury Ins.) covered it because I was paying for the storage. Good luck.