Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Overland transport

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36roadsterbob, Apr 3, 2016.

1. 36roadsterbob

36roadsterbob
    from uk

Hi guy , anyone got any ideas for me to get a trans from Austin Texas to Morris Plains NJ?

2. Dry of fluids, or not ? I ship transmissions either way, dry being easiest. Just bag it, and box it. Obviously someone skilled in packaging is needed. Can't just toss it in a garbage bag, and moving box. Palletized/crated works best. UPS shipped my last one, but I have used the other common shippers too. All will accommodate. Your issue lies in the guy with the transmission now. Hoping he is a handy fellow, reality says that is the most important part. Couple sticks of wood, tied down, and boxed .... you're in !

3. Engines Direct Shipping in Arizona just moved an Olds engine for me to Long Beach, CA. It had to be boxed and on a pallet. 790lbs.dry/$563
    They ship globally.

4. 36roadsterbob

36roadsterbob
    from uk

I'm trying to ship a 50 shoebox trans with overdrive

5. midlifer

midlifer

+1 for kidcampbell's response. If you can get the seller to strap it to a pallet you can ship it by any common carrier. If both you and the other guy have business addresses with loading docks it will save you a bundle. The uship website is a good place to get shipping quotes for stuff like this.

6. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Fastenal hauls such things between their stores. Call them for info.

7. stimpy

stimpy

fastenal wants it on a pallet now and if you want it insured it has to be in a wooden crate . and they are now using 3rd party shippers . I use R&L and cut a pallet down to size ( make sure it can be fork trucked ) and then bolt it down to the pallets and make a cover for it out of a 2x4 cage and 1/4 ply wood nailed to the outside

also put a label ( shipper name and address) on the trans incase its box gets seperated so they can Identify it I use a peel and stick or paint stick directly on it )

8. I can bring it with me and drop off in Morris Plains, NJ.

I'm traveling from TX to NJ at the end of the month.

9. Why not check out the Hambers that do this for their livelihood,there are several guys listed here. HRP