Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods fuel vent line material

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onegalonly, May 3, 2016.

1. onegalonly

onegalonly

tanks inc says i can use any line for venting fuel (what ever that means).. i would think the line should be fuel resistant.. what type of hose is everyone using

2. barnsearcher

barnsearcher
    from Ohio

I recently had an issue where I used hose rated for vapor only to run fuel through. It ate a hole from the inside out. I should have used "barricade" fuel hose compatible with todays ethanol blends.....lesson learned. From now on I will also use it for venting just to be on the safe side.

Barn Find and F&J like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The newer small fuel hose designed for today's gas comes in all sizes at most parts house. you could use a short piece and a steel line if that worked better.

4. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah, I used a steel hard line on my Model A with the gas tank behind the back seat. Looked nice and no worries about hose/fuel compatibility.

INVISIBLEKID and OLSKOOL32 like this.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember to put a filter on the end..

6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Since no one knows what the government is going to do with gas in the future...I use braided Teflon line for my fuel line. Tank to carburetor. If I used a return line, it too would be braided Teflon.
    Same thing as used in brake lines, only -6 diameter.
    This way...the govt. can put all the alcohol in the gas they want..! Ity might tear up my tank though..!

Mike

7. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Yes. Ask for Gates Barricade. If you don't ask for it specifically, Most parts stores I've encountered will sell you inferior stuff because it is a few cents cheaper.

8. Legendlives

Legendlives

+1 for Gates Barricade.