Register now to get rid of these ads!

So heres my 54 build thread finally it will be slow..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MEDDLER1, Apr 20, 2011.

1. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Heres some teaser picks of what I have goin. Check out the notch that somebody thought was ok to do!:mad: Its not even welded completely and the car was going down the road that way!!!! My Gambino notch will be in by the end of the week hopefully. So far I have put in a new motor and trans and built a new tranny crossmember as well as started cutting out this shitty notch. I have my work cut out for me thats for sure. Iam going to install the Gambino tail dragger first off and then bag the stock front with stepped lowers. more pics to come and I will keep you up to date....I know its another 54 but what the hell I have been trying to get this car for ALONG time and now its mine.:D

Attached Files:

2. punisher7

punisher7

That is a ridiculous notch.. I can't believe that mess didn't fall apart..

3. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

A couple more, I dont have alot of pics yet but I will soon. Im keeping the blue for sure and there will be a chop.:D:D

Attached Files:

4. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I know!!!! I cant even believe somebody would think that it was ok to do that.:mad: Crazy thing is when it did run 10 yrs ago my buddies were out doing donuts in this thing and driving it back and forth from woodland to sac on the freeway!

5. Hell yeah Tony....good to see you getting on the '54. That notch is scary, but the rest of the car is pretty damn nice....looking forward to seeing it on the road.

Bryan

6. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Aside from that haggard notch thats a sweet '54. And I agree, keep the blue and white.

7. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

HA! HA! I told you Bryan how bad that thing scared me! Hopefully on the road soon. My next fab hurdle will be the under dash m/c .

8. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

First off....its good to see another 54 come back to life in someones eles form!! Thats why the header titles are there so if they dont wanna read it then pass on by. On to that notch...wow! it looks like they used construction glue instead of a welder...the car looks good tho, along with the truck too! Keep up with the notch pics for all us 54 guys!

9. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Amen another 53/54 build!

10. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Thanks guys! Chevy54 your car is amazing!!!! I love that thing it has been my screensaver for months now!!!!!!!

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Damn!! Really??!! Well glad its help motivate you then brotha! Its nice to hear people dig it after the years of blood, sweat, tears and greenbacks!!:eek: Im building a 51 Chevy at the moment so our driveways will look kinda similar! Have you had your car out at any events in Socal...I swear Ive seen it?

12. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Nice ride. What are the big plans for it? Chop, shave, all that good stuff? Looks like you're close to my Brothers place off of N Walnut.

13. flattrap

flattrap

Looks like you have a damn nice car to start with, good things take time.

14. ZombieMike

ZombieMike
    from Apopka, FL

Looking for inspiration on my 53. Subscribed!

15. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

No so cal stuff for me at this point.:( But maybe in the next year or so now the my boy is alittle older. As far as I know this car has been sitting in a shop blown up for the last 10 yrs. Good news is after 3hrs at the DMV yesterday she is all tagged!!!!:D:D:D

The plans for now are finish the motor tranny stuff, suspension brakes and seats. Then drive the crap out of it for a bit. This way I can finish the hood and stuff on the truck,then back to the car for the chop headlight and taillight treatment finish interior and then paint. We will see how close I can stick to that plan. Are you in woodland? Funny I did live on N. Walnut when I was a kid though back in the 80s. How far north on walnut is he?You guys should pop by sometime HAMBERS are always welcome!!!:)

16. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Well after a little bracing I went to work cutting out the bastard notch!:cool: My new toy I got from the stepdad really makes this alot easier. Lucky for me the guy who did the notch did not cut the top of the old frame so there is alot left to work with and it is staying pretty sturdy. The welds on the lower just popped off (so far) that helped too.:eek: I cannot believe someone thought this was ok. I noticed too the rear wheel has been rubbing the inside of the wheel well on the passenger side. Once the new 4 link and bags get here the rear is coming out for a newer higher geared 10 bolt.:D Well now I am goin to work on a buddies car for the rest of the night. toodles......

Attached Files:

17. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Any progress?

18. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Yes A little, The notch is completed finally and Im getting ready to start on the 4 link now. My computer crashed and I just got it back but Im not ready to upload any pics yet. I have a computer guy who is gonna fix me up because I do not know what the hell Iam doing! I will get some up soon I hope but for now Im gonna keep wrenchin!

19. elsuperchile

elsuperchile
    from Dixon, Ca

I just picked up a 54 last weekend, I live over in Dixon and my brother-in-law is from Woodland. The drilling company he works for is behind Tony's. I would like to check out the Gambino notch, I'll buy the beers, you provide the show and tell. That work?

20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I have been making some progress unfortunately all I have is crappy cell phone pics.At the bottom is the master cylinder bracket for under the dash, more to come on that later.....:D sorry about the lack of descriptions, I will get better at laying these out as I go, the pics with the cardboard temp. are of the plates I made to go behind the 4-link bar mounts on the frame, I wanted them strong so I added them to the frame,when I was doing the notch I noticed how thin the frame was so I figured this would help. I also am making the bracket go down around the bottom of the frame as well. I will get pics of that also now that I know I can make them work from my phone. The gauge panel is a copper sheet that cut out and made my version of engine turned LOL. I will get better at posting Promise!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  21. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

The pics are in no particular order since I just emailed them from my phone. I have gotten the car running at least and mostly wired at this point just not ready for the road yet. As you can tell I have no brakes yet. Iam making the bellcrank assembly ride on bearings and those two plates in the last pic are going to be drilled and tapped and bolted to cap the bearings and keep the whole thing in place.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
    Capt Chap likes this.
  22. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Lookin good..I still have those panels for you when ever you want them. Send me your contact info to my phone...Lost it when my iPhone went out the bottom of FlyinFlatties 37 out in the delta!!

23. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I'm completely forgot that I started this thread. I still have the car and progress has been made but not as much as I would like. I'll post up a few pics if I can figure it out again lol.

24. I lost a sock once but never for 5 years! Yes, I would like to see some newer shots.

25. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I think I should post it in the sitting and rotting thread lol.

Tman likes this.