Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Inherited vehicles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jeffd1988, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My Brother passed @ age 67 pancreatic cancer , he had traded for this 48 Ford 6 months before he went . it was inoperable when he got it and asked me to get it driveable , he died a month before it was ready. Left it to me in his will .so now I have 8 cars and a Toyota Pickup. = car poor IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0989.JPG

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

My pops gave me my sedan for my 40th bday, so I guess I didnt inherit it. The first pic is when he bought it but he didnt do anything but collect parts the second pic is after 9 years of work. IMG_0463.jpg IMG_0676.JPG

3. And you did a excellent job. HRP

4. Fedman

Fedman

Beautiful looking Sedan!
    I really like the color combination.....
    Having a backseat is a really nice feature for cruising the family or friends.

jeffd1988 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Dad bought it in 74 for $800. Now it's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

My dad left me his 48 Chevy business coupe. First pic is the car around 1977-78ish with dad. Dad passed in 2012 due to complications of alzheimers, I finally brought the car home in April of 2014. Second pic is of the car post chop. It is still in the works.

Attached Files:

7. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I have the first Binger family car. Bought new in 1910. I have every license plate that has ever been on it.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1460841057.552342.jpg

Hnstray, warbird1 and jeffd1988 like this.
  8. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Wow lots of you guys have pretty neat cars and verry nice stories of the cars. (Love the photos). Most important that they all have value in there own way that no one else could appreciate nor understand why you keep the vehicle. My grandma hates for me to keep there old truck but it just the person that had the impact on my life that told me stories of it. Also how it helped them buy a house and make them money. Back in 1963 my grandpa met my grandmother wich she already had 3 kids. He took her in and really wanted a life with her. He had a normal job but they couldnt afford much he was a hustler and worked side jobs and he met a guy that was in need of help and also was selling the truck so my grandfather helped the guy and in return for pay he got the truck. Then he started with getting buisness with it cleaning peoples houses makeing dump runs and so on. Him and my grandmother worked together like that til they saved enough money for a down payment for a house. They got it. Also he had put a camper on the back for the weekends to take the kids out camping. I myself never seen the truck drive growing up sat for 30 plus years. But always wanted him to take me for a ride in it. Never happened. So now it my dream to get it fixed up properly and take my daughter and grandmother out for a ride in it. My detail thing i want to puy on the truck whenever i can get it painted the color i want is on the dash on the glove box is have it say ( in loving memory of granpa) like a little signiture on the glove box. Ppl always ask if im going to sell the truck but it something that stays in the family.

Bzeldo, belair and Chavezk21 like this.
  9. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I didn't want to make my post too long about My Overland but I thought I would add a little story about it. The Binger's bought a fancy car for 1910 because if it was good enough for the doctor in Tulare SD it was good enough for the Binger's. The family used the car until about 1916 and was going to trade it in on a new Buick. The dealer would only give $35 for trade in. My great grandfather thought it was worth $45 for junk and took the car home. The family had 2 cars for a couple of years until one day they needed a new Case tractor. Drove it down to the dealer who also sold Buicks. It was still worth only $35 to them and $45 to Great grampa Binger. The Car was saved twice over a 10 Dollar bill. The car was given to my grandfather in 1929 and was stored until 1953 when gramps and dad started restoring the car. It was restored 3 times total. The last time was in 1980 and it received its AACA first Grand national prize. Lots more stories bout the car but don't want to be too long winded about it.

jeffd1988, Hnstray and dad-bud like this.
  10. Montana ranch pickup from my uncles Angus Ranch. 1957 Chevy PU 2.JPG

flux capacitor and jeffd1988 like this.
  11. Dry Lakes Racer

Dry Lakes Racer
    from So Cal

My father bought this 1939 India Sport Scout in 1943 when my mother was carrying me. He road it back and forth to work during the war and for a few years after. He passed away in 1963 and I kept it without my mothers permission as I moved from place to place. In 1996 restoration was started by John Bivens of Indian Restorations in Stanton Ca. It was completed in 2000 and shown for a few years at AMCA meets and Del Mar. I ride it every month or so here in So Cal and ride it to the Donut Derolicks on Saturdays if I get up late and don't take my 56' Victoria. Since we've had it 73 years I don't think it will ever leave the family. sony #1 258.jpg sony #1 410.jpg

12. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

This bike is bossy. Has a nice little history lol (mom cant find out)

13. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Thats just KOOL as hell!!!!!!

Fedman likes this.
  14. Fedman

Fedman

Thats just KOOL as hell!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes.....Yes it is....... It is unbelievably KOOL! :)

15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is about as awesome as it can get!!!.....it speaks ''coolness'' as a simple: 'matter-of-fact'....I get a real pleasure just looking at it!!!:D...thanks for sharing the pics of your dad's bike;)

jeffd1988 likes this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even tho very popular not many left. I'm sure many went into the scrap metal drives during the war when tons of cars and motorcycles were given for the war effort. Others became bobbers or hill climbers. Mom did see it as she died in 2011 at 95. She never liked me riding this one or the 91 HD I've had for 24 yrs. The photos are of it today it shows very little wear even tho I've put quite a few miles on it.... Thanks for the comments, I know my dad would have proud of it.

jeffd1988 and olscrounger like this.
  17. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story-beautiful Indian!!

18. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

SWEET !!!

19. dad-bud

dad-bud

Great thread.
    My dad died in 1963 when I was 6 and mum couldn't afford a car for many years as she struggled to raise my brother and me.
    I was always smitten by cars and have now collected 7 old cars (some OT) which will definitely be handed on to our son. He's not so hands-on, but still like 'em. There might even be another one or two by the time he ends up with them.
    upload_2016-4-19_12-57-56.png

upload_2016-4-19_12-58-46.png

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Love the Caddy

21. Jeff34

Jeff34

I inherited this...which I since sold
    20141001_034654000_iOS.jpg

and this...which I also sold and got the '34 PU I have now.

20150201_185930296_iOS.jpg

jeffd1988 likes this.
  22. Bzeldo

Bzeldo

While not inherited, when I was in high school in the late 90's I can home with a 70 coupe de ville. While not being a car guy my dad loved the car and would fromtime to time borrow it from me on a nice night and he and his friends would go out cruising blasting oldies and taking a nice trip down memory lane. He passed before I got my 66 Caddy but sometimes when I'm out late at night cruising down the highway and I hear a song that I remember him blasting when I was a kid I smile hoping that he's riding shotgun. Cool how cars even in a round about way leave such good memories. Love the pics and the stories.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    jeffd1988 likes this.
  23. Bzeldo

Bzeldo

Sorry for the poor grammar above, trying to do three things at once and auto correct is annoying.

24. jeffd1988

jeffd1988