Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 1956 Cadillac Color (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fender1325, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

april pix 018.jpg

Love Coral on the Mid 50's Cadillac...

Jacob Goodin likes this.
  2. I like the yellow myself .I never painted yellow on a car though. Bruce.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

yea, but you gotta go with red wheels....:p

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

JMO,THE '56 caddy colour....
    Bahama blue.jpg

Jacob Goodin and Fender1325 like this.
  5. Jacob Goodin

Jacob Goodin
    from Cincinnati

That's a friend of mines convertible! That picture was taken this past fall at the Pumpkin Run in Owensville Ohio (about 30 min north of Cincinnati) If you ever get a chance to go to that show its a pretty good one! Anyways that car is my friends. He's an older Gentleman (40's) I guess he's not that old but to me 40's is old lol anyways his names Erik Murphy. He sort of took me under his wing and is showing me different stuff about my car. Teaching me things to do and such, super nice guy!....So I doubt my opinion matters in this conversation but I like black, matte or gloss (finished look as i like to call it) Erik and I have been talking and it would be pretty cool to park next to each other at all these shows being a convertible-hardtop combo. I don't think I want to go with the matte black though, I don't want to "copy" him so to speak. I'm going gloss black like this one below. Black looks good on big boats like ours in my opinion. Its clean, classy, and overall looks bitchin! But thats my opinion. I think eventually I might go with Victorian Pink. But thats down the rode. Here is what I want my car to look like, stance is perfect on this one. I don't have the money for air ride but until then i want my car to look somewhat close to this. Just go with what you like and want. It's your car so you can do whatever you want to it! Hopefully that somewhat helped lol[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Fedman and Fender1325 like this.
  6. Fender1325

Fender1325

Black is great. Hard color to shoot for a first timer I'd imagine - body work has to be flawless, atleast for gloss black. Your buddies flat black convertible 56 looks great......got any more pics of it?

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

If you can get it laser straight, black is hard to beat. But that involves a shitload of blockin', & then some.
    Studedude's beautiful example shows how a big chunk of steel can still look classy in a lighter shade with a metallic hue. Something to ponder.....
    Maybe a metallic silver, champagne gold, sea-mist green, pale sky met blue, you get the idea.

Jacob Goodin likes this.
  8. I don't have a definitive color choice to offer the OP... but would like to say that many of my favorite GM colors of the 50's are the jewel tone metallic colors. I think those jewel tone colors are very classy on the original or lightly customized, heavy chromed cars, especially if a set of whitewalls are part of the appearance. I think if a person wanted to punch up one of those jewel tone colors, just adding some pearl would hint at some of the Watson colored/painted customs.

My two cents,

Gotta56forme/Scott

9. Jacob Goodin

Jacob Goodin
    from Cincinnati

Yeah I know, but I want to do the car right so I'm thinking this coming winter is when I will do all of that. I have a buddy that is the "body man" He is going to help me and show me what to do. It should be a pretty cool car when its all said and done. Here is a couple pictures I have just on my computer, I'll try and find some more for you later.

Attached Files: