Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1930 Model A coupe w/rumble seat

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by wideglidejoe, Apr 6, 2016.

1. wideglidejoe

wideglidejoe

City: Broken Arrow, outside of Tulsa

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: $10,500
    1930 Model A, 5 window coupe w/rumble seat. This coupe sat in a barn in MO from 1955 to 2002. I'm the third owner since 2002. All original except tires & wheels. When I bought the car, it had later model sealed beams, but they weren't hooked up. It now has Model A head lights. I have the pig tail leads, but I haven't installed them. Very, very solid car, all wood is good and solid, no rust in doors, fenders, body, etc. The only rust is in the foot well area (floor) of the rumble seat. I've purchased a replacement panel from Snyder's Model A's, but it hasn't been installed either. This car has some of the nicest original fenders I've seen without being restored. Doors click shut with the very slightest push of a finger, they don't sag when opened. The 19" tires were junk when I got it, and the wheels were rough, had some broken spokes. The 19" wheels have gone down the road. It now has four 16" Kelsey Hayes 40 bent spoke wheels on the ground, with a 36 bent spoke Motor Works wheel for a spare. Front tires are 6.00 X 16 Coker Firestones, rears are 7.00 X 16's, spare is 6.00 X 16. Engine is original to the car, the engine was produced on Nov 12, 1930. Other items on the car also point to late 1930 production, such as round speedo, '31 grill shell and one piece splash aprons, rather than 2 pc. I think the one piece aprons started in Sept '30.

I drive this coupe on a regular basis around town and in parades. It needs king pins and bushings, I kept putting that off because I thought I was going to do a dropped axle and reverse eye springs, which I never got around to doing. The brakes stop the car, but they either need adjusting or possibly replaced, I've never had the brake drums off. Emergency brake works very well. I was going to do the brakes when I did the axle and springs.

I've got four project cars, and never did tear this one down, at least it was driveable, and if I took it apart, I'd have four cars apart. I finally finished one project, I'm selling this coupe and a '47 Lincoln (also listed here) to purchase another completed running car, which will leave me with only one project to focus my time and $$'s on. I'm getting old enough I'd like to have two to drive and only one uncompleted project to work on.

My original plans was a flathead V-8, synchro tranny, juice brakes, and maybe a 3" chop, but
    1) I'll never get around to it,
    2) it's almost too nice to chop, etc.,
    so I'm gonna let someone else decide what to do with it.

It has a clear OK title and license plate.

Asking $10,500 or best cash offer, no trades please.

Contact Joe at;
    [email protected]
    918-857-7172 If my phone rolls to voice-mail, leave me a message, I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

40 Ford Tudor and Nomadness like this.
  2. wideglidejoe

wideglidejoe

SOLD!!