Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 33-34 Ford Parts stolen in NJ! Help needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordgasser1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. thequietwon

thequietwon

I'm at the Charlotte autofair...covered most of it today, but didn't see anything. I'll keep an eye out...
    Sam

lothiandon1940 and Fordgasser1 like this.
  2. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

if anyone has any leads, thanks!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  3. k9racer

k9racer

Your things could be in a shipping container going over seas . the security in the ports only look for things they have tips on then money and high end newer cars leaving the USA.Good luck finding your things. Just to add a little more get in touch with the Garden State vintage stock car race club and have them to be on the look out. Most are retired and might be able to help.. Bobby..

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  4. They're grabbing cars in broad daylight by me, right off the street. Heard of one nice Camaro snatched from a fast food lot, witnesses said it was winched up on a flat bed. Poof.. gone.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Back to the top, lets try and Help George get his stuff back.

Fordgasser1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I can only imagine how you feel. A while back someone stole my little utility trailer from my shop, it was a POS, but I used it occasionally. It still pisses me off that someone took it, so you must really be upset losing that one.

Hope you find your stuff.

Don

Fordgasser1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Back up, keep an eye out. lots of swaps coming up.

9. Tell your friends that aren't on the HAMB to keep an eye out for this stuff. Spread the word

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

They might have been too wise to try to cash in on scrapping it and dumped it in a vacant field or woods somewhere. If a scrapper eventually found it (and didn't know the value of the parts), he may load it and try to scrap it so stay in contact with the local scrap yards. If a knowledgeable person such as a car guy found it, I would hope he would realize the find was too good to be true, be an honest guy and contact the police. Lets hope it didn't get loaded into a construction dumpster.
    It would be a needle in a haystack, but may be worth a days drive, checking on surrounding open areas that would be prone to a dump and run.

You said you had the frame VIN's. If you did not have them titled and registered in your name, someone may eventually try to register/title them, so down the road have your auto registration contact periodically run the VIN's to see if someone now "owns" the vehicle and it'll be your day to make a claim. Be sure to include the VIN #'s in the police report.

As a 34 guy, this theft kills me. Hope the stuff turns up for you.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  11. slack

slack

You can't keep a trailer in the south unless you have a log chain, a high dollar padlock and stand over it. Past time to quit coddling criminals.:mad:

12. Back up for the night crew. Keep speeding the word.

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bump. I'd like to see the damn crooks bumped. Bumped off.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'll give it a bump. That really sucks.:mad:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. mike bowling

mike bowling

Daily BUMP- thanks moderators

Hey, kids, let's try and stay positive on this one , huh??
    George is a great guy, and would give a fellow hot rodder/ racer the shirt off his back, and sure as hell didn't deserve this crap.
    Talk of what might happen or happened to someone else kind of makes a bad situation worse IMO.
    If I was in George's shoes right now, I don't know if I'd cry or go hunting. (Actually, I do know what I'd do, but right now parts re-location is key.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    George;
    Any distinguishing marks, paint color, etc. would help (e.g.- 1 green cowl and 1 black cowl- if these showed up together it, wouldn't be by coincidence)

16. partssaloon

partssaloon

17. Back up, let's form a posse to find this stuff, and then dispense vigilante justice.

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Jeez Mike, you plucked 7 words out of my post/out of context and call me a bad guy.
    The entire sentence ("They might have been too wise to try to cash in on scrapping it and dumped it in a vacant field or woods somewhere".) is simply my out of the box thoughts on other angles to consider searching for the parts (aside from everyone already keeping their eyes open at swap meets, etc.), like your good idea of asking for part colors.
    I don't doubt George is a stand up guy and like I said, as a 34 guy, this really torques me. What's so negative about my post?
    I hope the thieves get caught as bad as everyone else. I really hope they got paranoid and unhitched the rig somewhere and the whole trailer and load get located.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Around here there are more enclosed trailers used by Lawn/Yard people than Car Guys, you may want to look into that business if it is still some were in the area. Bob

20. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone..I've let all the scrap guys in the area know that I'm missing a bunch of early Ford parts.I'm hopeful that something will turn up

21. mike bowling

mike bowling

Not my intention at all, my friend, I very sincerely apologise.
    I shouldn't have quoted you at all, especially out of context . I was using that one thought ( that the stuff might get scrapped) to appeal to people not to start posting horror stories.
    The idea of being ripped off and having years of work collecting parts end up like that makes me feel sick.
    Again, very sorry, stupid move on my part. Mike ( the guy in the corner with the pointed hat )

FIND THOSE PARTS!

slack likes this.
  22. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

No worries at all Mike. Seeing a fellow car guy get ripped off makes it personal and emotional for all of us car guys.

37 kid has a good angle that I didn't think of because the landscape guys in my region use open trailers.

Mike, to expand upon your color description of parts; I'd also be looking closely at and 34 frames or sheet metal for sale that have been freshly sandblasted, DA'd to bare metal or obviously just shot with primer.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  23. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Stafford this weekend, eyes open.

24. Back up again. Keep your eyes open boys.

25. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

FYI. Not much to go on but one cowl has original black paint still on it..The other was surface rusty and both were 34's..the roadster cowl and doors have some surface rust with some patches of sanded bondo on the(see pics).. Cabrio rear clip was bare metal. One decklid has grey paint on it..Fenders and doors (34's)are all red oxide primed and were rotted on the bottoms

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. To the top

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  27. Back up for George.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  28. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Going to E town,Carlilse and Rhinebeck soon will be on the Lookout!

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'll be at Carlisle in a couple weeks as well . I'll keep my eyes peeled.