Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 33-34 Ford Parts stolen in NJ! Help needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordgasser1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

A white 24' long Halmark enclosed car trailer was stolen between 4/2 and 4/5/that contained a big stash of 33-34 Ford parts as follows:
    two frames,one rolling chassis(have VINs),two closed car cowls,one roadster cowl and doors,2 pairs of coupe doors,Cabriolet rear clip,two decklids,33 and 34 grilles,33 hood,several sets of front and rear fenders,a pair of running boards. Front and rear ends plus alot of smaller parts.

Hoping that the great network of people here on the HAMB will keep their eyes open and help get these parts back! If someone has info on the whereabouts of the trailer/parts please pm me! No questions asked! I just want my stuff back!!

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back to the top. Nope you find everything. Bob

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Thieves suck!

4. Any way to identify the trailer at a glance? HRP

slack likes this.

5. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I hope you get it back, but if I had to guess I would say they wanted the trailer and all the "junk" inside got scrapped. If it was me I'd visit the closest scrapyard or two. Good Luck!

6. elgringo71

elgringo71

Keeping an eye out here, do you have any pictures of the trailer? What color was it and are there any features or contrasting colors or stripes that would help us recognize it?

7. Pete

Pete

BTTT for George!

I will spread the word here in the Massachusetts area. When I heard the news yesterday I felt a moment of nausea. Ill help any way I can.

8. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

There was a big operation stealing trailers in Jersey and selling them in the Carolinas.
    Have law enforcement check the cameras at the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
    Good Luck!

9. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm going to scrap yards today to put the word out about the parts if anything turns up.

I'm looking for pictures of the trailer.It was an older 2004 Hallmark Elite II..There were no license plates on it so it could have anything on it at this point. I can't recall anything that really stands out about it,minor scuffs and dents in the outer skin.

10. If I get another trailer, the roof will be painted day-glo pink.

ClayMart likes this.
  11. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Also,this weekend is the Charlotte AutoFair. Your parts may be there.

12. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Shitty. I'll keep an eye out here in maryland. Any pics of the trailer or parts to help i.d. them?

Fordgasser1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

bump for george. f theives

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  14. This bullshit is becoming epidemic.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  15. Ill keep a look out here in Virginia for ya George. That sucks real bad man sorry to hear that shit happened to you. Hope that it gets tracked down for ya before all the parts are spread to the wind.

16. Mark T

Mark T

I'll keep an eye out here in PA.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks everyone! I can't make it to Charlotte this weekend,but heres some details for the frames are as follows:
    One of the frames is partially boxed in front,has sbc engine mount,has no tranny cradle in it and a 2X3 box tube rear crossmember..The other frame has a model A front and rear crossmembers but otherwise stock.The rolling chassis was all original and really nice shape.No engine/trans in it. All had VINs which I have so if any frames turn up I'll know if it was mine.None of the sheetmetal was mint,mostly original and surface rusty from sitting..Thanks again. George

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    hipster, 51 BIRD and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. Guys, Let's keep this near the top. Would surely like to see one of these crimes solved and the thieves brought to justice.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  19. keeping this at the top, I am still saving extra bucks to try and buy one of those frames from George. Ill keep my eyes open at the few smaller swaps coming up in VA one in Fredericksburg and one in Luray

Fordgasser1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Hookedtrout

Hookedtrout
    from East Idaho

Killer idea!

21. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

There are swap meets at Stafford speedway in Connecticut and Lebanon Valley speedway near Albany , NY both on Sunday. I will keep an eye out for you.

22. Mark T

Mark T

Maple Grove Raceway also has a swap meet this Sunday, I'll let you know if anything there fits the description of your parts.

lothiandon1940 and Fordgasser1 like this.
  23. mike bowling

mike bowling

Jesus, George, WTF?? That Sucks big time. I'm with Pete; this makes me sick.

We've got a lot of swap meets coming up soon around here- if anyone shows up with a ton of 33-34 stuff it would kind of stick out.
    The Northern Chapter will be on high alert I'm sure, and I'll definitely ask around, watch ads, etc.

Ideally, I hope you get the whole trailer load back unmolested- Mike

Fordgasser1 and onekoolkat1950 like this.
  24. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll call two local yards and tell then to be on the look out, guess there is no way to tell which direction the trailer would have gone.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  25. I'll keep a watch up here. The swap season is upon us.

Fordgasser1 likes this.
  26. adam401

adam401

Will keep an eye open. That's horrible. That need to start microchipping these trailers like they do with pets or something. Seems like every week someone's getting ripped off.

When you think of how small a percentage this forum is to the larger car hobby this shit is an epidemic

Fordgasser1 likes this.