Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Rochester 2GC rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karl Fields, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Looking for recommendations of a vendor to rebuild my tri-power. No horror stories please, just who you think does great work for a fair price!

2. donsz

donsz

I rebuilt my own, they aren't all that difficult. I found some great you tube videos that I used as a guide.
    don

59Apachegail and Nailhead Jason like this.
  3. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I also rebuilt mine. I ran out of enthusiasm before I ran out of carbs tho.

4. They are no magic but if you are not comfortable doing it yourself and need someone I wouldn't be opposed to rebuilding some for you. Granted I am not reputable and I would probably do a crap job but what more could you really ask for right? :D

arkiehotrods and Nailhead Jason like this.

5. ssrodder

ssrodder
    from NE PA

There is an individual located in either Illinois or Indiana who does excellent work rebuilding Rochester carbs. He did my center carb for me and installed all the needed tri-power linkage needed to complete the center carb. I did my own end carbs. He has run a tri power set up on his own street rod for years. If your interested, contact me and I will supply you with his email address and you can contact him directly. My tri-power runs excellent.

6. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Dickster

Blues4U likes this.
  7. Beaner, you crack me up. You get a fancy new sign and figure you can start hi-tech jobs like building carbs?;):p:D

arkiehotrods likes this.
  8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Probably one of the easiest carbs to rebuild.
    Buy good kits, take your time, clean them well, only do one at a time, start with the end carbs (they are a little easier).
    This guy has good kits http://www.pontiactripower.com/index.html
    KK

9. 69fury

69fury

They are very easy to do yourself. Just make sure you tighten the seat for the needle so that you don't have to take it apart on a dark country road by light of a Zippo... cuz that's sketchy. -Rick.