Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Round Up Week

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Round Up Week

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tim, Tuck and patmanta like this.
  2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Good for you, it can be all too easy to forget to enjoy things and work that you're passionate about. This is probably one of those things that 'smell the roses' thing applies to.

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Maybe next year we will finally make it :(
    You guys have enough fun for us also:)

JOYFLEA likes this.
  4. I'm finally getting down there this year, but my trusty 40 won't be making the trip as it's in the body shop getting repaired from a rear end collision last fall. So I'll be flying in and hanging out with some of my Maryland buddies who are driving down as I type this. Looking forward to it!

5. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

See you there OL 55

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pics or it didn't happen...bubba

7. Taking the roadster or the coupe? - Andy

8. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Heading out with the family Wednesday after I'm done teaching- I only get two personal days... might as well be Texas to see my pals! Can't wait to hang with friends and see all the rad projects in person I've been watching here and on IG-

Tuck

JOYFLEA and Tim like this.
  9. Thats the most important thing! Wish I was out there, really need to make back next year maybe? Have fun!!!

10. seatex

seatex

Can't believe it's been 15 years since the first at House Park Stadium. ........... gonna' be a big 'un!

11. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

The Fun statement is so true. It's supposed to be fun and if your project doesn't get finished it gives you something to do for next year. Enjoy the friends both old and new and have fun.

12. von Dyck

von Dyck

Not all of what we're doing is "fun". There are times when setbacks and discouragement occur, and you walk away from the project and shut the door behind you! Then the hard part: genuinely psyching yourself up to get back into it and pushing for the finish line. Some of you are fortunate to have a coterie of friends to keep you motivated. Some of you are highly self motivated. Some live in isolated areas and are on-your-own, to glide through the highs and push through the lows. Is it "fun" or is it the satisfaction of the creativity process that results in the greatest reward?

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well Poop, another one I'm going to miss. I'm retiring at the end of the year so I can do some fun things next year including a road trip to Austin. My sister in law live out about five miles past Ryan and my niece lives in Austin so that helps convince Jean to go.

stillrunners likes this.
  14. I've never been about the "thrash" it'll get done when it gets done. Plus, I make a lot more mistakes when I'm rushed.

15. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

This year our second baby is due on Thursday so unfortunatly I will probably miss my first round up in 10 years. But then again there is always next year maybe.

stillrunners likes this.
  16. Ryan , you deserve to relax and enjoy for all you do . I'll be there and hope to meet you . Is there going to be a HAMB meet and greet like a few years ago ? Enjoy , Blue

17. At Getaway Motor Club on Saturday April 9th from 4pm - 11pm we're having an After Party for the Lone Star Roundup! Sponsored by Oasis brewery, Infamous brewery, Austin Eastciders, Dripping Springs vodka and gin, Juiceland and the Austin Shaker liquor store! Selling raffle tickets for amazing prizes and all proceeds to go to a local non profit. This is going to be so much fun! We're all going to Lone Star Roundup all weekend and Saturday heading back to the venue to enjoy food trucks, live music by Wilkinson Quartet and Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers! Free Entry, free alcohol and a pinup booth brought to you by local hairstylists setting everyone up with new do's. Hope to see you all there!
    Getaway Motor Club
    3700 Thompson St. Austin, 78702
    Doors open at 4pm - 11pm

stillrunners likes this.
  18. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Ya'll enjoy your time. Hit the garage tours on Friday. Bring a chair and relax a little.
    Dang, I hate it that I will miss this after driving with John Hall for 1300 miles in the Traveler Flathead Powered 34 Ford Coupe in 2014. All total we were about a mile short of 3000 miles on the trip total.
    It was a great trip, garage tour and show well worth the time and expense.
    Sometime real soon I need to bring that 58 Impala in my avatar back to Texas where I bought it back in 1981. Maybe 2017? Who knows.

daddy_o's_diner likes this.
  19. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yeah, the whole thrashing thing.
    For some reason you can always tell when people where in a rush and pulled all nighters. "Maybe" the car looks the part, but there is always that exhausted, sleepy looking dude hanging around it, guarding it like a mad dog. I'm with you @Ryan I don't buy into that shit either. Hahaha

20. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

That will be me next year. This year I'm just bringing my wife. Can't wait to see yall

Tuck likes this.
  21. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Living in Norcal there are a lot of shows and activities to do. BUT
    several of us went last year to LSRU. It's the BEST show I've ever been to.
    Next year I'm going again

stillrunners and JOYFLEA like this.
  22. image.jpg Live about 100 miles away.Out of 15 roundups,have attended 10 of them.Don't die or get married,because I won't be there; I will be at the Roundup! Go one time and you will understand what all the "hoopla" is about and will continue to return year after year. Greatest fun in the country for $20. fLATHEADS FOREVER!

stillrunners and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

My brother (WZJUNK) and I are heading out tomorrow. It will be our first time. We are looking forward to the event and to meeting a bunch of new folks. Watch for the truck in my avatar and please stop by for a visit. We're planning on being at the Meatheads BBQ on Thursday and the garage crawls Friday morning. Safe travels everyone.

stillrunners likes this.
  24. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

stillrunners likes this.
  26. 46stude

46stude

I'll be headed up Thursday sometime. Austin traffic is always a fracking mess, but I am NOT looking forward to the traffic this year, with the damned MotoGP racing out at the COTA........

27. shadams

shadams

Leaving Fri AM, wanted to do the crawl but cant see getting my wife, a 3yr old and a 1yr old up at 4am to get ready and be there by eight. Bummer.
    Anyway, will hit the toll road and come in the back side, much less traffic....

stillrunners likes this.
  28. safe travels to all and have fun dammit !

29. Sh#tty Dallas rush hour traf'fuck sucks ..... but seeing a late model brown metallic Chevrolet truck yesterday, pulling a trailer with a bad ass lowered '58 Chevrolet wagon on it is cool. Clearly heading south to Nirvana's Holy Trinity of Hot Rod Valhalla in Texas. All crispy'ed up original paint the kind I hate, but damn it was cool. (no picture) HAVE FUN LSRU !!!

30. PCJ

PCJ
    from Austin, Tx

Me and the wife bought our shoebox right after our first roundup together and I keep saying I'll have it done in time for the next one. This year's no different, we'll be there but it won't. Maybe next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using H.A.M.B. mobile app