Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Looking for pictures/movies (Drag racing on Ogunquit Beach)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Mar 27, 2016.

1. spiker

spiker

Everyone remembers drag racing at Sanford, Maine. I used to go often with my brothers. I'm posting this thread to see if anyone would have pictures or movies of the drag racing that took place back in 57 or 58 on Ogunquit, Beach. I went there as a kid with my brothers, my oldest brother used to drag race on the beach back then. He had a Canyon Coral colored 57 Chevy.

While I'm at it: Anyone have pictures or movies of New England Dragway back in 1969. I ran every Sunday. I ran a B/MP dark blue 68, SS Chevelle with white stripes over the top and hood. I went undefeated in B/MP in the summer of 69. It had a 427, L88 in it. I've seen movies on line already, but my car wasn't in any of them. I guess I'm getting nostalgic in my old age.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. No help from the beaner but lets give this one a bump for the afternoon crowd. ;)

4. spiker

spiker

5. 32 hudson

32 hudson

That is interesting I never knew there was drag racing on Ogunquit Beach.

6. spiker

spiker

Hey Steve how's it going. My oldest brother ran on the beach. I can't remember if Sanford was running at that time. I believe they ran in the spring time, of coarse it was before tourist season. I was young and still remember my brother trying not to spin his tires out of the hole. He won quite a few races. The beach is a couple of miles long at low tide and pretty hard packed. It was short lived because everyone ran Sanford.

7. Bump. I would like to see some old photos as well...