Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen? lost?1932 5 windows coupe body, keep your eyes open

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CheatersPete, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This whole thing is beyond bizarre !! A crate the size of Texas is driven away by some transporter, it vanishes into thin air..........and there is no paper trail or person who can say what they did with it. Any time I have shipped anything, there is a bill of lading, and it can be tracked every inch of the journey. Why not in this case ?

I think what is complicating things it that you are overseas, not here in the States to keep applying pressure on them. If it was one of us here in the States ,who had this happen, we would be on the phone every day and driving to the depot to shake some trees. The HAMBer who shipped it said he didn't have a good feeling about the people who picked it up, wonder what it was that he didn't like ? Sounds like there were some unorthodox things done when selecting the shipper.........maybe a cut rate shipper to save money ?

There is something really smelly about this ordeal, and I hope they follow through with your payment.

Don

2. blackout78666

blackout78666

I feel your pain. UPS destroyed 2 shipments of mine and denied both claims. I had to fix what they broke, lost a client of 10 years over it, and spent 4 hours on the phone a week over 2 months trying to get it sorted out. We built bullet proof crates, had no stack " triangles" on top of them and they both got to their destination looking like they fell off a truck. Heartbreaking. Makes ya feel helpless when you did everything right and things still get screwed up. Hang in there. I hope for a good resolution for you. Don't let em break your spirit!

hipster likes this.
  3. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Thanks a lot for your support, just want to clarify:
    My buddy in Cali is taking care of the story, he was in charge of the shipment from cali to Europe, and he is pushing the named company to reimburse my self asap, he told me yesterday that will be the case by the end of March. Now, I have to pass the bad story, I have to find another 32 body to replace the one that was stolen or lost, in order to me to continue my project, Hambers are the most helpfull persons and I thank you all for that, I wish I can find a body ;-)

hipster likes this.
  4. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Are they going to reimburse you for the shipping and money you spent on the body?

5. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Yes , they will reimburse all my expenses, that is what they said

kiwijeff, hipster and blackout78666 like this.
  6. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

That's good news.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hopefully they live up to the promise. Good luck.

8. How about some pain and suffering $$ ?

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. hipster

hipster

Good luck with That!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Pete, this really sucks but at least you are getting most of your money back - man, I am so sorry .... good luck on finding another body .....

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I still want to know why in the world a crate from VIRGINIA was shipped 3,000 miles to CALIFORNIA, so it could then be shipped to EUROPE, a fifth grader with a globe knows that is screwed up. Bob

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Probably not a fifth grader today, maybe not even a college student. But the point still stands.

Another issue, what happens in year when it finally turns up?

13. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

Screwed up, sure, but perhaps cheaper. I can go to the train station, choose between two tickets, one to go exactly to the town I want, the other to the next town beyond that riding the same train. The longer trip can be cheaper, because it's less popular. In other words, buying the wrong ticket and still get off where I want to go saves me money.
    Pricing doesn't always make sense. And when money has ceased to make sense, so will travel plans, shipping routes and many other things.

14. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

It was ship to california in order to ship all my parts in the same container, but this is not the point...

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't know. Unless this shipment was given to Billy Bobs Trucking Company, any normal shipping company in 2016 has a paperwork/computer trail and you can tell at any moment in time where the freight is. At work, we get a trailer truck every week, and we have to sign for it and the people on the other end sign as well. How this huge crate left on a truck and went into the twilight zone just seems like something is missing from the story here.

Interstate carriers are heavily regulated and controlled, why this could possibly happen is just mind blowing. That was the biggest F-in' crate I have ever seen, and someone along the line had to remember handling it.

Don

Truck64 likes this.
  16. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

that SUCKS stay on them good luck

17. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Just found an other body today ! Thank you all for your support ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1458853015.757133.jpg

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

That point should have been added to the story long ago. Bob

19. zjerry

zjerry

Pete, This sucks but at least you are getting your money back.
    Hope you find a body to replace this one..

20. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking Good!

21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I agree Don. I've been hauling freight since 1985, EVERY load has a paper trail, from shipper to receiver, and cargo insurance is required by the Govt. If a load goes missing or is destroyed or damaged before it is delivered, THE CARRIER IS RESPONSIBLE! I've had a few damage claims against me, really the company I work for, for items supposedly damaged in transit, strap damage, bent corner, etc, but have never lost a complete load or had one stolen . Never anything major, just a few small damaged items that might have been damaged when they were loaded but went unnoticed.

The Public Service Commission or the Insurance Commissioner or State Attorney General's office or all three can put pressure on the carrier to pay up or come up with the crate.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Apparently this body has been located and now you have 2 bodies.
    An update to this thread with some info on how it was finally found and delivered might be appropriate. :)

56shoebox likes this.
  23. putz

putz
    from wisc.

should be interesting reading ....................... ?

24. How did you here of this ?
    Yeah it will be a good read

Charlie Chops 1940 likes this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

clem likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

clem likes this.
  27. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

Blue One, thank you reminding me about the thread, I go a call in August from a shipping company in L:A saying that they have this big crate for me... it was NOT stolen, it was lost in a hangar for a couple of months, in the meantime I had found another body as I already explain, therefore 2 bodies arrived at my home last week, I sold the second one to a friend, and I'm now working to finish my project

Attached Files:

nunattax, Rod Ari, catdad49 and 6 others like this.
  28. adam401

adam401

Wow that's an emotional roller coaster. Glad it turned out ok in the end

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

30. Good to hear a happy ending for once. Good luck with the project.