Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Insurance--Who do you use?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bangerbob, Mar 20, 2016.

1. I left Grundy and went with ANPAC (Chrome insurance).

I like the communication anpac and being able to insure a project car at a reasonable price.HRP

2. roundvalley

roundvalley

I went to ANPAC. They beat all of them big time.

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I have been with Heacock for a number of years. I met Ford Heacock at the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion a few years ago. I was parked near their trailer and display. Ford came over and commented on how he liked my car. I responded I was glad since his company insured it.
    He asked what I had for a value on it, when I told him he said to call his office and raise the value to $XX,000 as he thought I had under valued it.
    I did so and spoke to him about our conversation, he took care of it and faxed the addendum to my policy later that day.
    When I bought the '32 Ford they had a insurance card to me the next day!
    As with any insurance they're all great until you actually have a problem.
    So far Heacock has been very good, and they are into modified cars themselves!
    KK

4. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I had Sneed, Robinson, Gerber on my 34 coupe for many years, never had a claim. They became Chrome ins, I got rear ended by two idiots while at a red light. His company, Fred Loya, gave me an est of under $1800. I got an est of $8200. Chrome paid up quickly with no questions. I talked them up big time. However at renewal time they dropped me. No reason stated, I called for an explanation, was finally told they could reinstate me at twice the price. No thanks, I am now with Grundy.

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had Grundy since 2008. Only had to use them for towing claims a few times, but they paid right up fast.

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

The 40 had the garage ceiling fall in on the top and hood due to our tornado back in December---Grundy had it buffed out and waxed and put up $400 without a whimper. It looks better than it did.

7. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I have Grundy with my Collector car. If you insure your collector they will also insure your Daily driver for cheap. I only have liability on my DD but its about half of other carriers.

8. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Auto Owners, just state how much coverage you want and pay the premium based on that figure.

9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I wasn't aware that the farm wrote agreed value policies? The ones I've seen, are stated value, which is probably NOT what you would want if you have a claim.

10. moefuzz

moefuzz

It sounds like antique/hotrod insurance is much more expensive
    in the USA than here in Canada.

I use Hagerty thru a local broker.

Up here in our province, Cost is based on stated value..
    And on the first vehicle it works out to $10 per $1000 of agreed value
    so a $70,000 agreed value comes to about $700 per year.

I have multiple vehicles insured and since I can only drive one at a time,
    Additional vehicles were added on at about $5 per $1000 of agreed value.

11. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Grundy for 25+ years

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

they do

13. I use them also.

14. I went with Heacock when Hagerty wouldn't give me a policy on my modified 57 Chevy.
    Heacock has been very good and good rates as well.

15. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been with Condon and Skelly for about 30 years and they have been great. The problem is that I've never had a claim. Because of this, I've checked on several forums that I'm on, and everyone who responded to me that had had a claim was very satisfied., so I have stuck with them.

rickl likes this.
  16. 29moonshine

29moonshine

^x2 i filed a claim with no issues

17. Have had Hagerty for over 15 years on my roadster; no problems, but no claims either. Price has been pretty reasonable. I'll see what happens when I try to get insurance on the '40...

18. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've got 4 32 Fords and my 2014 Corvette insured with Grundy. Stated value, I sent them a copy of the title and pictures of the car and everything was cool. The 32's have a high value as does the Corvette so my premium reflects those values. In reality I probably need to lower the 32's as the market has dropped since I insured them. I've never had a claim so I have no idea how they settle. Also have my business insurance (Rod Shop) with them.

19. Silverplate

Silverplate

I have been using Heacock for the past eight years with no issues and a very competitive rate.

20. Any suggestions for a young kid? I have not needed it yet, but have thought about what horrors are in store for me-
    Hopefully I will be a 21 yr. old kid with a '30 AV8.
    I have a clean record, but I have a feeling that no one will want to insure me.

21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

got Farmers for all our cars, homes and Bass boat. no issues whatsoever going on 25 years.

22. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Contact several for quotes. See what you get. Collector / specialty car insurance is a different market from the regular auto insurance stuff. Your age probably is factored in, but so is the fact that it's not your daily driver, and you've got blood and sweat invested, so aren't likely to rear end a school bus because you were busy texting.

23. Krylon32....You need to check to make sure your policy is NOT stated value as you said. Agreed value is what you want. Big difference. As I understand it, stated value is what is used to determine your policy premium, but in event of a claim, the insurance company will THEN decide what the value of the car was before the claim. Under stated value, just because your paying for a specified value does not mean the insurance company has agreed to that value,regarless of what you have been paying for over the years.
    lol...disclaimer...I'm not an insurance pro...that's just how it was explained to me, and passing it on.

David Gersic likes this.
  24. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From my experience, Texas57 is correct.

25. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I said it wrong, I looked at my policy and it's agreed value

26. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Heacock insured my Avatar, which obviously is not a street driver, with what they call a "key off" (magneto in my case) policy. So at the track, towing to the track, stored at home is all covered with agreed value.

27. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

AAA Collector Car Insurance

28. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

That's who I had when I lived in So. Cal as well. I had to file two claims on the same car within the same year,(very bad luck) both times they were good to me. Unfortunately not all regions of AAA offer the same collector car insurance.

29. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

My car is with Auto owners just like my other cars. I told them a value and supplied photos and tool my agent for a ride and let him drive it. Good pricing and no problems. Check with the company that insures all your other stuff. The more they insure the better pricing you get.

30. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

CHROME with American National. Its a great product, great price and as a bonus, they can insure all your other stuff too. Lots of discounts and they have a Cashback program!