Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gateway classics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dakotajayne, Mar 17, 2016.

1. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

im thinking of posting a sale with Gateway Classics in Indy. Has anyone had experience with this Business? Thanks!

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I've had a couple of friends consign with Gateway here in the Chicago area. Both eventually sold. They take nice photo's and market the vehicle quite well, IMHO. Nice showroom, about 5 miles from me, although I've never gone in. Good luck.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Why give consignment money to someone to sell your car? There are way cheaper ways to sell a car. eBay, HAMB Classifieds, Hotrod Hotline, Racing Junk, Chevy Talk, 348-409 and more.

Gary

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Many people have some success selling their own vehicles but others do not. The advantages of a consignor are many. Widely distributed, professional advertising, better 'presentation' in their showroom, experience dealing with all types of prospects, financing options. Saves the seller's time. Just like Real Estate, many times the commission is paid by the buyer in that the property sells for more than it would in a private sale, netting the seller at least as much, if not more, than would have been realized by private sale.

For lower priced vehicles, I don't think the above necessarily is applicable, but when you get into the teens and beyond, it is worth considering. I have an acquaintance who had a blinged out '33 Ford Sedan Delivery. And, he is not the most personable fellow to deal with. He sold it through Gateway for more money, and faster, than I would have expected. It was right for him.

There are always people and circumstances that run contrary to form. So, whether or not consignment is useful to a seller is an individual decision, but one worth considering, imo.

Ray

5. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold through Gateway and my closest friend did a year later on my recommendation. We both were extremely happy with them. As to the comment on consignment money, they ask what I wanted and put their fee on top of that. I got what I wanted. You can't ask for more than that.

6. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

Thanks to all replies. I visited Gateway yesterday and was favorably impressed. I'll report results in 90 days. The showroom is very clean, well lit, and staffed with competent personell. It is also a great car show!

7. dakotajayne. I sent you message.