Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the hamb. I want to be a real American.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by BaileyGroutage, Mar 15, 2016.

1. BaileyGroutage

BaileyGroutage

hey everyone, I'm Bailey.
    I live in northern Utah... Moved here from L.A. And I'm missing it dearly. Lol!

I joined because I want to be able to get input from people much wiser than myself!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's my suburban. Has a new goodwrench 350, 14bff rear axle and 10b front. 35's. Tbi etc. I wanted to fix this up and make it have 400hp and a full cage but I changed my mind because I prefer to build cheaper projects and off-roading + horsepower =/= cheap at all. I love that it's a real truck though. Tough, American and tried and true.

I'm starting the conversion to a 4 bolt main 350 into this tomorrow:
    image.jpeg

I had already put a stroked 1.8 into it. Motorcycle carbs, etc and it started knocking during testing. I've always had bad luck with Toyota engines. I once bought one that threw a rod the day after I brought it home. I don't think they were built to last 30 years without a full full rebuild. Ha ha. I've been a Nissan man since before I started driving.
    I usually have cars like this one I built:
    image.jpeg

And I used it for drifting. Back when I broke the law and raced around.

But I want to make my Corolla much more "steel is real" and "made in the USA" because I'm tired of imported this and that and there's no point in putting turbos and everything on a tiny motor just to be slow and fragile.

I'm hoping that I can get some input on my build so that I can build something in the spirit of traditional rodding, with the type of chassis that I enjoy, and with it being as much American Iron and blood as possible.

2. BaileyGroutage

BaileyGroutage

I also wanted to add onto my own post:
    I'm way to young to even begin to understand true traditional so I'm mainly here to read and study the appearance and the motors and learn. I don't have a 32 coupe or a lakester nor any heritage! Nor am I trying to bother anyone with my silly Corolla.

Long live the q-jet!

3. Oh boy. .......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. LostBoy

LostBoy

A corolla with a small block is hot rod enough for my blood...

5. HD Driver

HD Driver

On the fence with this one! Sounds like he might be on his way to "getting it". Better than "what do you think of my bushes I just trimmed", or what color t-shirt should I wear in the shop!