Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A LITTLE something I have been working on...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thecraggle, Mar 15, 2016.

1. thecraggle

thecraggle
    from L.A.

To pay for all the Banger bills I work for a little toy company over here in Denmark.....this year we released a product close to my heart.....

The packaging itself features a photo of a fellow HAMB members real car which is pretty awesome...(you may remember my call for images a few months ago)......and I managed to work a few details from my own car into the product....but apparently kids prefer black paint and flames to rust and worn out patina.....

If this encroaches on some sort of no adverts thing then feel free to remove my post. Otherwise hope you enjoy!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    54reno, rottenpop, 51 BIRD and 8 others like this.
  2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Hey!! This is an aesthetic breakthrough! You have shown Lego the light on old cars!
    I've got a number of old car type Legos around here, some from an explorer sort of set, some related to Indiana Jones, all rebuilt of course.
    Without exception, Lego old cars of the past make a terrible styling error, putting the front axle on vertical radiator early cars behind the radiator location...oh, the horror! They have all been easy to rebuild properly by just moving a few parts around, but what are these toys teaching our children???
    I'm glad you have set things right! Old car styling starts at the radiator!!

3. I bet a bunch of Hamber's grandkids will be opening that next Christmas. Very cool

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Lego probably has more influence on kids' ideas about cars than Detroit and Hot Rod Magazine combined, maybe more than hot wheels. Glad to see this done right!

5. Totally cool!!

lothiandon1940 and thecraggle like this.
  6. thecraggle

thecraggle
    from L.A.

HAHA! Thanks Bruce! It's always been a pet hate of mine too, so when I finally got my hands on the reigns I made sure to turn that around a bit.

turboroadster likes this.
  7. I still remember traveling from Kiel, sitting in the package tray of my grandparent's Beetle to go visit Legoland when I was little (we stuffed 4 adults and 3 kids into that poor thing)!

Great subject matter, and great to see F**d get on board as well Keep it coming, and on a personal/OT note, PLEASE do more classic trains, especially steam (Mallard, Hiawatha, DGR Class 1 pacific, etc)!!!

thecraggle likes this.
  8. Awesome! My kid will love that.

9. You've got that right.
    OT/SCION= thV0DQWNDX.jpg

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Got to get one for my Grandson, thanks for the post. Bob

thecraggle likes this.
  11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My neice liked Legos so from about the age of 3 or 4 I would give them to her for xmas, B'days, ect..Stopped when she graduated high school 84/85', probably around 45 sets..She still has them all complete tucked away..I looked video, guess they changed some!!

thecraggle likes this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

good to see happening

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

As Pogo once said, maybe around 1952: "Hot the Rod and Spoil the Child."
    We just need to be damn sure the childs learn where the front axle goes.

15. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

haha....heck with the kids....I'd play with them myself!:D.....that's really kinda cool, and I am enthusiastic about anything that promotes the old car/hot rod sensation! My grandkids would totally play with that sort of idea!

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Never cared for LEGOS, Meccano / Erector sets were more my style. But I liked your toon. Are the toys already out? Gary

17. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Neat!! Job well Done! Cheer's..

18. There's enough Lego in the world for everybody to own 62 pieces each.

19. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Legos. The best toy on planet earth. I love this and my 9 yr grandson who can put the 90 dollar set together without instructions in two days will go bonkers over this.

20. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

This is great news. I have been a Lego maniac since I was a kid. I still buy Legos for myself, along with my kids. My wife even enjoyed building my Volkswagen bus so much, that she has since built the mystery machine, the DMC time machine, and the Echto 1 car. The only set that is out for hot rodders is Hot Rod, which is "Weak" and does not reside at my home. I will be buying this model, and hope you can have more influence in the future.

21. Fadi

Fadi

Very,
    very cool. I have 6 and 8 year old boys with thousands of legos, and the oldest especially loves cars. We've been disappointed that Lego doesn't have much in the way of classics, but obviously there are a ton of MOCs (My Own Creation - used designed builds) out there that are awesome.

I'll have to show the boys this ad; we will keep an eye out for these!

P.S. And just to share, some kids like rusty better than flames...
    [​IMG]

wraymen likes this.
  22. In response to the negative comment made earlier about Legos...

I have been "diagnosed" with Adult ADD/ADHD more than a few times (which explains why I have a 1 1/2 stall garage with 5+ projects and a dozen oddball engines spilling out of it). All I know is that whenever I got rambunctious, my folks would sit me down in front of the Lego box (big suitcase FILLED with those little colored bits of heaven) and I would be silent for HOURS... except for the all-too-familiar crunching sound of digging for that missing piece :D When I was finished, I had something that I had made- not from the directions, but a variation, or something completely new... they taught me to apply higher order thinking and to be creative.

If you ask me, XBox and the like are more to blame for where our society has plummeted to- nothing a of value taught and hours upon hours of wasted/lost time. The boxes that kid should have are toolboxes, tackle boxes, and refrigerator boxes to make forts out of.

gawd, I sound old. :)

wraymen likes this.
  23. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

Cool animation! Anything that gets kids interested in old cars is a win. Working for LEGO must be interesting; I love the stuff they produce.
    Is that Jimmy White's hemi coupe sampled for the engine sound? I have the audio from that video on my mp3 player so I can listen to it whenever I'm having a rough day. Perks me up every time!

I was lucky enough to have LEGO as a kid. The kits never stayed assembled for long, I always tore them apart to build new creations. LEGO was responsible for much of my interest in disassembling/building things, technical drawings, hot rods...you name it.
    I had the "hot rod garage" set with the black and yellow rods, and it was my favorite thing in the world. As of right now, I'm looking at the main mini-figure from that kit, sitting on my desk in his newly trad-i-fied ride. Wish I had some better tires for it though:
    [​IMG]

24. Hope you were not talking about my scion joke. It was directed toward the less than stellar car designs that seem to be the norm today. Hey, you listening? get it....ADD, ah never mind it wasn't funny anyway.;)

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I want one. On a European Tour, while in the Navy, our ship went to Denmark. I toured the Lego facility at Aarhus and was floored.

26. Very very cool. I can't wait to see this one in person. Just got done building a motorcycle kit out of those tiny little nanoblock things earlier today. But I have a confession to make. I am from the era of Lego before they came in instructified sets. You got an assortment of red, white, blue and yellow blocks in varying sizes. What you did with them was entirely up to you. Most people built houses and such. Somehow, I always built the garage first, and then a car to park in it. Never got around to building the house that went with the garage. Seems like the priorities were set early.

27. thecraggle

thecraggle
    from L.A.

You guys rock!
    I am super proud of this line, and this year we launched our 2nd year of products with a lot more American classics. The line is available now in our own stores and also one of the larger toy specific stores.....

@Fadi that is an awesome creation! And pleased to see some kids still know what "cool" is hehe!
    @37hotrod I was the first generation of instruction specific sets. You may be interested to know the very first LEGO building sets were in fact especially for what you mention though. They used to make plastic moulded cars (much like a plastic hotwheels) and the bricks were specifically for building garages and houses to support the toy cars! Then they dropped the cars and went to generic building kits.
    @SMOKINFLATHEAD sounds like you are a master builder! You may like some of the other sets in this range also.
    @Petejoe the sense of pride and acheivement kids feel building the larger sets is awesome. And something that more modern toys and games often miss completely!

And @ everyone else, thanks for the kind words. This whole product line has been a dream come true for me, and something I have pushed for years to make happen. I only hope I can inspire some future hotrodders like i was inspired when I was kid building my custom cars on my bedroom floor!

C

wraymen and Fadi like this.
  28. thecraggle

thecraggle
    from L.A.

@Mac the Yankee Totally agree with you. That noise of rattling brick fills me with nostalgia everytime I hear it......just about every minute of the day!!

wraymen likes this.