Register now to get rid of these ads!

Music review, Hank Williams III

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

I bought "straight to hell " -- very good

2. 067chevy

067chevy

Hank III kicks ass

3. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

oh god.............. :rolleyes:

4. Frank

Frank

I have only heard a brief sampling but what I heard was very similar to senior.

Junior has got to be some kind of bastard step child. Hate that guy.

5. Hank Williams is a god.

Hank Jr II (Bosephus) is a rebel, reminds me of my dad and makes me laugh... I love my dad to death so I love Hank Jr.

Hank III is alright. I like his twangy stuff but damn I HATE metal--regaurdless of who it is by. My boyfriend just bought the "Straight to Hell" CD and I thought disk 1 was good very Hank SR/Wayne Hancock but more political like Hank JR. It's also nice to see him writing all his own music. Disk 2 should have been titled "Straight to the Nut House". I could not even sit through it.... it was some funky train and devil-worshiping shit for the most part with a couple good covers mixed in.

6. Montechris

Montechris

Good stuff i have been waiting a long time for this one to come out.

7. rippintare

rippintare

can't get it out of my cd player since tuesday, wicked!

8. what did you think about Disk 2?

9. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

this album kicks ass . just like the rest of them . saw him not to long ago and played most of the songs that are on the new cd . good shit

10. Olson

Olson

Hank III kicks ass. Don't have the one yer talkin' about yet but disc 2 must be the stuff with the Melvins and Mike Patton. He's done stuff with those guys for ages.

Devil worshipin'? No...don't think so. Just out of the box. That's too much for some but it's what flips ma switch. :D

Olson

11. No seriously HAHA it's nothing like his other country CDs.... at one point whatever he is saying is backwards in slow motion to no music.... After listening to it I felt the sudden urge to climb a tall building with my SKS and start pecking yuppies off ;)

12. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Only good post in this thread so far!

13. Melvins & Mike Patton? Your not talking about Fantomas are you? Last I heard Trevor Dunn was there bass player.
    I havent heard Hank III new disk , but he kicked all form of ass with Supperjoint Ritual.

14. sling392shot

sling392shot

Dude, All the Hanks KIK ASS!!! :)

Ash

15. Olson

Olson

Yeah. Fantomos is good but I like the Melvins a lot better as the Melvins. I also like Mr. Bungle over Fantomos anyday. Jesus Lizard was also one of my favorite bands, so when Patton (Mr. Bungle), Denison (Jesus Lizard), Rutmanis (Melvins), and Stanier (Hemlet) got together as Tomahawk I was in fuckin' musical bliss.

Yep. Struck my music nerve. :D

I'm not sure if he still is but Denison was backin' Hank III up on tour for a while, and Hank III has shown up with Patton and the Melvins for several projects. Coming from the family he did, the fact that he is involved in such a bi-polar variety of projects is pretty damn cool if ya ask me.

Olson