Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBANDY.... Stay tuned Mar 7th (Delayed)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Mar 3, 2016.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey gang!

First off i have to apoligise for not being around as much as i should...

However...... Ronald McDonald House selected the story of HAMBANDY and the event that the Dunn family promote to raise monies for the Ronald McDonald House charity. It was one of 3 videos done last year and it is quite moving and a wonderful tribute to all the HAMB members who helped make a dream happen for a wonderful young man.

So........... MARCH 7th they will launch the video release and i will share this wonderful video with you!!!!

And as said a million times and will be a million times more

Thank you so much

Leon

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - any regular pics?

3. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

That is awesome. His is an inspiring story that needs to be remembered and told, and RMH is a great charity to continue that for a long time.

movingviolation likes this.
  4. belair

belair

5. One of the best cars I have ever been involved with for one of the best reasons to get involved.

Now forget the part about me being involved and we can remain friends.

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I came to the HAMB a bit too late to be involved in Andy and his build, but cant wait to see the new stuff. Was an amazing story for sure

7. got a link to the video?

8. 4 more days !

So........... MARCH 7th they will launch the video release and i will share this wonderful video with you!!!!

9. atch

atch

Can't wait. Oh; I guess I have to.

I wish I could have met Andy in person.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. oj

oj

Good news about a sad story to be sure.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That's awesome. Still have my Andy Plaque kickin it on my toolbox!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk, kidcampbell71 and bct like this.
  12. atch

atch

Leon,

Is Andy's Model A still intact? Does it get driven/shown any?

If it's still together could someone take gobs of pix of the car and post them here?

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Andys car is absolutely still together and gets some use now and then.
    Makes the first pass (usually against Andy's best friends Hot Rod pickup!) at the "Andy Dunn Memorial Race Day" Drag races every year! :D Gets out to some of the local shows now and then too.
    I'm sure you will see it in the coming video.

I haven't seen the video yet myself but I was VERY impressed with the film crew doing the shooting at the race last year. Definately not amateurs so I expect the video will be worth the view! ;)

volvobrynk and LongT like this.
  14. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey Mike!!!

Hell yea the A is still intact !!!! It makes appearances at special events and is still very much the talk of the town when it comes out.

The car is today, as it was when all the crew from the HAMB kindly donated their parts, money, thoughts and prayers for Andy. It will NEVER be anything other than the way it is built right now...

Wait till you see the video... it will have a very powerful impact on people were a part of this car...

When people see the A for the first time they are amazed by it, and as many times as some people see it...it still hold people in awe of the generosity of the Hot Rod world.

I saw the video today................... i was interviewed for it, and to be 100% honest. I was not prepared for what i saw today... it was hard to speak while watching it and the flashback of the whole experience kicked me in the nuts like it was yesterday as emotions flashed of Andy, people i have met, people who were locally in the build process and the countless HAMB'rs who i can proudly call friends through this whole journey...

I do photography in my limited spare time, and once the weather breaks...i will do a shoot and post the A for one and all to enjoy once again.

Leon

15. Tony

Tony

Leon,
    Thanks for hooking us up with the vid when its a available!

Andy crosses my mind quite often throughout the years..
    It amazes me how some folks can effect you when you've never even met them.

He was a cool kat and its great to see his legacy carried on.
    Looking forward to the vid.

Tony

kiwijeff and movingviolation like this.
  16. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Can't wait to see it myself Leon.
    I kinda avoided getting interviewed to be honest.
    I just can't get into that stuff at all...but I really miss those days and nights working on Andys A.
    It was definately a special time and I'm glad I was part of it. ;)
    I found a pic I took at last years race. :D
    2015-08-02 15.36.18a.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. wow, it's been a few years....looking forward to the video

18. movingviolation

movingviolation

It was amazing... everyone who was involved was amazing.. and i miss the build, but...after seeing the video today...i realize how damn much of an impact Andy had on me.. and everyone who was lucky enough to enjoy the ride...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've still got my Hamb Andy T shirt stashed away along with the plaque stashed in my stash box. Like a lot of others I'd like to see that video.

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Changed my life and my thoughts on a lot of things! No denying it.
    If it wasn't for Andy I might not even have my T! :D

21. atch

atch

EXCELLENT!!!

We all will anxiously await your pix.

volvobrynk and movingviolation like this.
  22. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I just came across my plaque the other day. Had it stashed away for safe keeping. Choked me up a bit. Had the pic of Andy standing next to his car at its first show as my wallpaper for ages back then.

23. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

24. Bigblue61

Bigblue61

Are they going to offer the video for sale? Maybe donate the proceedings to the Ronald McDonald House in Andys name?

25. movingviolation

movingviolation

As far as i know the video is done as a promotional to encourage people to raise money for RMcDH through activities they love.

I am sure that anyone who would like to donate either to Andy's race day Ronald McDonald House charity race day or any local Ronald McDonald House can be afforded the information to do so.

Wait until you see this video !!!! It is simply amazing !!!!!

26. Looking forward to the video..... In the mean time, for us newby's, is there a build thread for us to get the H.A.M.B.'s perspective on this story

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. movingviolation

movingviolation

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/andys-story-hangn-on-to-a-dream.155616/

This was the very first thread on Andy.. as it was evolving into HAMBANDY..

You can search my 4 pages of threads and find them or you can search HAMBANDY..

Grab a beer or a coffee and enjoy! You will be moved by the people who you share this great web site with!!!!!

Leon

28. Looking forward to seeing it.

29. fitzee

fitzee

Its been a long time since I checked in here. seen the video the other night and all the feelings came flooding back. its still hard to beleive I was a small part in such a big project that touched the hearts of so many. the video touched me. the video shows andys car in a way you could only dream about. I could see him driving it. the kid change the way I look at life and I was very lucky to be a part of the build and to know Andy and to see what impacted he has had on so many. he a hot rodders angle for sure...

LongT likes this.
  30. movingviolation

movingviolation

Producer of the video has informed that there will be a slight delay on its posting. As soon as i get more information , you will get more information.

It is well worth the wait..

Leon

Ron Funkhouser and 5window like this.