Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Chevy truck aka 19dirty7 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny La-Chingas, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Johnny La-Chingas

Johnny La-Chingas

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg After years of searching for the right 37 Chevy truck, I found this old truck from the second owner who had owned it since the early 60's, I'll let the pictures do the talking

2. nice looking truck. love it!

3. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I'm not big into the patina craze but that looks pretty cool with the shiny fenders. Neat truck. Still running the 216?

4. Very cool truck!

5. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Cool! I like it. :)

6. Johnny La-Chingas

Johnny La-Chingas

Completely stock 216 motor, I rebuilt the carb, rebuilt the fuel pump, I had the gas tank cleaned and sealed, new plugs and wires and fired right up. New brakes too of course every thing new except I rebuilt the master cylinder.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  7. bubba55

bubba55

Nice - I'm kinda partial to the 36 - 38 chevys - Looking good - keep posting pics.

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I wish mine was that nice to start with,are you going to keep the stock drivetrain or do some upgrades in the future. I kept mine powered by a 235 but added a T-5 and 8 inch along with some disc brakes on a dropped axle,in stock form they do not like to go much past 50 and the brakes could use some help.

9. fleet_47

fleet_47
    from N/A

Really cool project! Where'd you find this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Johnny La-Chingas

Johnny La-Chingas

I'm going to drive it around town and to local shows as is for now, in the future I'll upgrade to a 235. This truck is 100% original I replaced the old fan belt and the old one was stamped "union made in the USA 1929", the only thing I will upgrade real soon is to a 12 volt.. Let's see some pics of your 37!

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I do not have any pics but as soon as I bring it home from storage I will get some.

12. Johnny La-Chingas

Johnny La-Chingas

Found her in Washington, she was in a barn since the 60's.. The daughters owner posted it up for sale. Her dad had the truck since the 60's he was in his late 80's now and finally realized he was never going to be able to restore it..

13. fleet_47

fleet_47
    from N/A

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Roger53

Roger53

Very NICE! Roger

15. jazz1

jazz1

Great truck..those fender to fender running boards complete the flow.

16. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - great looking frontend

17. Looks like a great start. Are those fiberglass or steel fenders? Real steel are hard to find.

Here's some inspiration, my old all steel 37. Was my daily driver for couple years, I still miss this truck:
    [​IMG]

LongT, kiwijeff and Johnny La-Chingas like this.
  18. Johnny La-Chingas

Johnny La-Chingas

image.jpg
    Great truck! I have seen this picture before, how is she lowered? Yea my fenders are all steel, I found my rear fenders in a local craigslist add and they were cherry basically NOS not 1 ding for a great price too!! The front fenders were in great shape too but those came with the truck.

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Beautiful and no frame swap, LS, 5 speed B.S. Love it:D

20. This is a great truck, and I like what your doing with it.
    Those fenders look awesome.

21. It had Ford factory Must II front susp swapped in, Must II crossmember and all; and just lowering blocks on the stock rear leafs. Ran a 55-57 Chevy car rearend, 350 SBC engine and T350 trans. Just a nice hot rod truck that was a great driver. The drag car in the pic is the BFD (Bomb Factory Digger) which was built for the first HAMB Drags. Hard to tell in the pic, that was with carb and gas, it later became injected on alcohol.

Great luck finding those fenders, and for a good price. Have fun with the build.