Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Semi custom, mild custom.....what about the Bolt on custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Oct 9, 2015.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

Okay, if you choose to make this discussion personal, Tiki, I'm gone.

2. That is a nice looking car. 54 Fords lend themselves well to mild customizing. That grille cavity can accept a lot of varied grille treatments for a custom look. I had a 54 Chevy grille I was going to put in my 54 coupe but I sold the car before I did anything to it. I think I will like where you are going with this...custom touches without ruining a nice car.

3. williebill

williebill

This thread had early reading comprehension issues. But it's really making me want a 52-54 Ford hardtop, low, slow, and cool.

4. Nothing personal..I just think you didn't understand what I was talking about...and for the record I love your Merc. Sometimes internet crap gets misinterpreted...no harm, no fowl

5. Me too......

6. It would be a light gold too...like that little bit poking out around the wheel

7. Here's an example of something along the lines of what I'm talking about..from the latest issue of traditional Kustoms magazine

Attached Files:

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Scotts car was built about 30 years ago. As you can see, it still looks good today. A nice traditional custom never goes out of style. By the way, he was in high school when it was built.

9. Stanlow...I couldn't agree more...

10. Scott F.

Scott F.

It's kind of what I did. I would like it chopped with shaved handles, nosed and decked but it's not happening for now, so this is how it is gonna be. It has dual carbs and dual exhaust with glasspacks and lee lenses out back. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1444522094.742887.jpg

Tn. Trash likes this.
  11. She's a beaut.....

Scott F. likes this.
  12. Shoop107

Shoop107

BTT.
    Any updates on this project? I really wanted to see what you came up with.

13. Yes...it's been rewired, got the rear springs re worked...got a nice stance to it now. Got the Olds tailights on it. The grill is ready to go in. Gotta get the roof figured out with a color...leading towards a gold pearl.
    Right now the brakes are getting totally redone...figured out they don't work so well..so it's getting everything from the master out replaced. I'm thinking in the next 6 weeks she will be on the road

14. Shoop107

Shoop107

Awesome. Can't wait to see some pics. Keep us updated.

15. Seems like lots of cars got Lee lenses when I was a kid, well lots of cars that there were lee lenses available for. Those were definitely bolt on custom pieces and they did make a lot of difference in the look.

16. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Love the Lee lenses

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456264172.969663.jpg

brad2v likes this.
  17. Shoop107

Shoop107

BTT.

You said six weeks in February! How's it looking?

18. OK I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but curb feelers are a must for any low buck custom. Any real custom had them and they were cheap new or used.