Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. bigslim55

bigslim55

HERE's A COUPLE MORE PICS FROM THE WOW SHOW OVER THE WEEKEND...!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA...! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456164090.552363.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456164118.535349.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456164142.103184.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1456164160.004543.jpg

hipster, Dog_Patch, BigDrag and 10 others like this.
  2. We're your Huckleberry, "Johnny Piwo440 Ringo Dingo"!

piwo440, loudbang, powrshftr and 2 others like this.
  3. ...any pics of Superstition?

4. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

sounds like Scott is bringing the big "bullets" out to play this year..............

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

I figured all I would need to run with the Okie Doker would be a bit more cam,carb,and gears,but then I figured "Jeffro's not just gonna sit on his hands all year while I make my car run faster",so I REEEEEEALLY gave it more cam,carb,and gear....And heads....And compression....And a couple more cubes.

But I actually put a bit of weight back into the car with the 6 point roll bar,extra carburetor,stock seats I re-installed (a Facebook friend lost his Dad in a match race gone wrong back in the day.He might have been ok,but his plastic racing seat collapsed and allowed him to slip out of the belts and be ejected from the car.Not happening to this guy.)

So it should be a bit faster,but I've got extra weight to haul around from that stuff....And from cheeseburger consumption.lol

Scott

hipster, noclubjoe and loudbang like this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

What the hell is a "lunger" anyhow...?
    Is that somebody who puts a blower on their car to try to go faster...?
    Cause that would be Jeffro.

Scott

loudbang and 55belairx2 like this.
  7. it DOES make it faster though...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    noclubjoe likes this.
  8. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott's gonna find out how good it works when all he sees is the new tail lights on my Willys he can't blame it on big cubic inches or a weight advantage because I don't have either one and he has two carbs I only have one

loudbang and 30dodgeboy like this.
  9. You gonna mount those new tail lights on the front fenders, or you gonna make passes in reverse?:D

10. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

According to Webster it's someone who suffers from a chronic lung disease, like having an iron one bolted to the top of your motor and interfering with your view of the tree as well as the guy pulling away in the other lane!

Ric and I are always slingin' lines from that movie around!

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I am going to bring the popcorn

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Haha ric it seems everyone thinks they are a comedian lmao I now have a brand new sweet looking bed and taillights are on order didn't figure there was any need in showing them off in a pic here cause Scott will get a good long look at them while he is staring at them through his windshield I'm not gonna open my mouth yet on the child as I don't think I can quite step up to that plate yet but in do time my friend lol

loudbang likes this.
  13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How fast you suppose a car will need to be to drag the child?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

If yours will hook you shouldn't have an issue lmao

loudbang likes this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I have a good tow strap you could use to drag the child back to the playpen lol

loudbang likes this.
  16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is fun to watch all the talk here but being a Meltdown rookie I have know idea how fast these respective talkers are on the track. Lol

loudbang likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

All of them have a faster mouth.

piwo440, powrshftr, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  18. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

No worries man we all give each other a bunch of smack talking crap but it's all in fun hell the first year I went I couldn't get my pile to break a 15 second quarter mile but I did break the motor then the next year it was in the 12's and this year even faster and not one person talked down on me the biggest ducks in the puddle of smack talkers will give you the most help they can trust me it's all good plus you have one helluva ride goin together but you probly better make a few tune up passes before hand I live three miles from Mokan let me know when your ready and we can make some test and tune passes

19. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can tell all the folks here are having fun and are great guys...but I would still like to know how fast. But then again I won't be advertising the Austin tuning runs times. Lol. And yes I will definitely be tuning at MOKAN this Spring. I am trying to get Carl to pay me an appearance fee...lol!

loudbang likes this.
  20. Wenchtender, did you get you new Willys hood ornament too?
    You gotta catch the Child, before you can spank it. ;)

55belairx2 and saltflats like this.
  21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I should have one solid 13.? car there if it is not traded or sold buy July.
    Now the other car Hmm, not sure. I was hoping to get a chance to get some track time in. I have only had one day at the track that there was somewhat of a base line to start working on so with luck it will be quicker than its 12.23 best so far.
    Just taking baby steps.

powrshftr, loudbang and 55belairx2 like this.
  22. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I've been trying to get carl to do that for me for years lol it hasn't worked yet and I'm only 3 miles away lol good luck

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Okay Jackson quit your bragging and if I lived that close to the track the Meltdown would be bringing a trailer to make sure I was there.

24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I imagine that this year I will be there pretty much every Friday night so I can get this dragster tuned

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like I need to keep my dance card open.
    Going to need a cheep Hotel.

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ric check this out could an insurance police for the 62 20160222_211535.jpg

27. NICE! Check your exhaust pocket location before you bolt the heads on, I may be wrong, but the location along the pin centerline looks like it may be to far towards bore center/intake pocket. It may be my optical dilution, but better safe than sorry.

loudbang likes this.
  28. 62Furious

62Furious

James that block looks good and I wish you luck keeping up with the Furious.

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Will do Ric
    This is a short block we picked up that was already fitted and assembled with KB pistons and H beam rods with a 409 crank nothing fancy but maybe something a little better than my slapped together peace.

loudbang likes this.
  30. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I told Carl to stop messing around with those fuel altered show guys. Give me the cash instead. I'll get Scott Palmer to drop some Nitro in the Austin and we will light that place up! Probably a liability thing on his part...probably a good call! LOL

loudbang likes this.