Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whatever happened to Gary Kollofski's 55 Chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ranunculous, Nov 28, 2008.

1. c57heaven

c57heaven

Saw the 55 at the tri five nationals. Very nice work and of course over the top!
    Hopefully the 57 will appear at the tri five nats too.

2. DeSoto Joe

DeSoto Joe

You could tell the days Mr. Kollofski drove the 55 to work, the dust would shake out of the rafters of the gym. He was someone to look up to, not only because he was 6'5" and muscles, but he made high school math interesting in 1976. I remember when he came back from sabbatical in California, if I remember correctly with Gale Banks Engineering, I told him of my friends swapping 2 for 4bbl carbs/intakes, putting headers on the next month, and mufflers the month after that (min. wage yielded about $36/week for high school kids back when). I asked what he learned on sabbatical, the only thing I can quote him on 40 years later, "Turbocharge my boy, turbocharge!" The next thing we knew there was a yellow blur up on Highway 12. The Willys.

elgringo71 likes this.
  3. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

There are several videos on Gary's Different '55 and his '57 W24 build.
    Craftsmanship is astounding!

4. c57heaven

c57heaven

cool story; thanks

5. Mean Dean

Mean Dean

Reading this thread I loved this car also back in the day. I am really confused with answers as to what happened to the car or the body. Gary K. Says he sold it to a guy in Detroit. Then the guy in Detroit takes it back to the original chassis guy in Minnesota. The car was then chopped and new total chassis redone. The original chassis was sold by the chassis builder? The car was brought back to Detroit. No one knows what happened to the car with the new chassis from Detroit.. The body seems to disappear . The Guy JJ says he has the frame or whole car in NC from Calif. Talks to Gary and He has the whole car after their conversation Gary says. Pics are wanted for quite awhile. Then after a year and a half. A guy in Dayton, Ohio says he has bad news. The frame was stolen and cut up in Calif. And not in NC. as said earlier. That is very odd. Again no mention of a body with Vin number etc. Someone enlighten me. Gary K if you still are on here. Do you have a copy of the title or registration with the vin?