Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Corona California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bert Kollar, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Delay.jpg Southern California Trips

For those of you that have been there I'm sure you will agree, for those that haven't been you must visit the shop of Marcel Delay and his sons. Here is the latest offering. I know it is off topic but the works of art they produce are among the finest in the world. I have watched them work and it is truly amazing.

2. And they make it look so easy.

3. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

I saw a segment on some TV show several years ago that showed them building a 32 roadster body. A person really has to try some hands on metal forming to realize just how much skill and talent it takes to do what they're able to do. And, like Dean said, they make it look easy..

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I thought it was that Rick "dude" that built that car. They showed it on that show with that wrestler "dude". I can't recall the name of the show but they build a hoarder one car or truck in exchange for all the other stuff the hoarder has.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

By the way, I saw the car today at the GNRS and I hope it wins. It's N-I-C-E!

6. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Why would a piece of art like that be considered "OFF TOPIC"??? I'm just envious of the "pure talent" displayed, & wish I could even be considered to be in the same talent universe!!!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

lots of talent and skill - and money does not hurt

8. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I saw it at SEMA and it is a stunning car.

Attached Files:

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you think about the Phantom Corsair is was a pretty sleek pretty outlandish offering at the time and this deco beauty could have sat right beside it and looked the part albeit the underpinnings are completely modern are they not? But yes a dream car for sure.

10. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Saw it today also, do not understand how it can compete for the AMBR award. They call it a forty something Packard and I couldn't find one single thing on the car that might have come from any Packard, it is a modern version of a French DelaHaye and shouldn't be able to win as it isn't based on an American car. Just my 2c on that subject.