Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Does your better half / girlfriend encourage your obsession?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 6, 2016.

1. 123

from Seattle

The other day my wife says "we need to refinance the house so we can build a shop in the back and work on more cars". We have an appointment with the bank this week and I'm shopping around for a pole building 36'x 36' x 12' or bigger if it will fit. I'd say she's into it...

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. 20160113_142359.jpg 20160113_140600.jpg My sweetie in the 80s and 90s need to take one now same car and wife 4 EVER Love both more every day NO its not a rat rod just a car I paid 100.$ for, and cut down a tree that was growing threw the roof . If that car could talk I would have to shot it. ha ha

3. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

Nope, she doesn't understand why I would want to work on junk. She sees vehicles as totally utilitarian to get from point A to point B. She doesn't understand customs, lowering, hot rods. However she lets me do it without much interruption.

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. A reply on the lighter side of topic...........

Attached Files:

5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Yep, fixin' to be 38 years together. When we met, I had a hopped up 67 Mustang, and she had a 67 Cougar that she soon traded in on a 76 Mustang II. First car we bought after we got married was a 77 Firebird Formula with the 400 and T Tops. Through the years we have had some nice OT rides, not as many since we adopted our two boys though. After they were gone, lost the youngest in a wreck and the oldest moved out, I built a OT Maverick and started going back to shows and she has went to nearly every one with me. Got her an OT 84 Corvette a few years back, then sold it and got her a 86 one that she has taken to shows and won a few awards with. Since the Grandson has come along and is living with us, the Corvette hasn't seen much use, so we are looking to sell or trade it for her a two door sedan, 40-46 Chevy or 41-48 Ford. She has went with me in the Lincoln a few times, but the Grandson is just too much to handle at most shows, so she usually just goes in her daily driver and leaves when he gets to showing out. She loves the cars of the 30's and 40's as much as I do. She has helped me load and unload cars in all kinds of weather, has laid on the ground in junkyards helping pull parts, helped sand for paint, and many more automotive related things, not a bit scared to get her hands dirty.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Couldn't add the pics for some reason....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Not at all, won't ride in them, won't be in the garage