Register now to get rid of these ads!

Machine shops for Flatheads in VA

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RichieC, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of any machine shops that are experienced with flatheads in the Northern Virginia/MD/DC area? I would also be willing to travel a little farther if needed (Richmond or mid VA). I have a couple of blocks that I would like to try to get running. I don't have a vehicle for them at the moment but would like to get them up and running on stands for now. I've been searching for a Model A to use them in but haven't had any luck so far.
    Also wondering if there are any flatheads junkies in the NoVa area as well who might want to get together and shoot the breeze about projects or whatever.
    Thanks for any leads or info on shops up in this area.

2. Joe Smith Early V8 Fords & Hot Rods, down in Henrico, VA:
    http://www.joesmithv8.com/
    You might also post this question in the Virginia Social Group and/or Maryland Social Group.

BTW, I'm down in the Fairfax/Chantilly area, though not specifically a flathead junkie.:cool:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Nailhead Jason, oj and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. oj

oj

Did you talk to Sean @ M&D? They expressed an interest in doing flatties years ago and might have invested in the equipment.
    I'll second Gary's advice about the VaHamb social group.

4. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Jimmy ray. And try Burtonsville speed

5. diiulio

diiulio

I am building an 8ba, slowly, very slowly, but I am in process. Joe Smith Early V8 is definitely a good shop and the owner is a good guy. I recommend them. He probably has a line on an A for you too. I have bought parts from them. I used Ballos Precision Machine down in Richmond because they were recommended by a few people and know flatheads.
    I am in Alexandria if you want to get together. Just PM me.

6. Thanks guys for all the info. I may check with M&D since they aren't far from me. I'm out in Western Loudoun (Purcellville) so that would be great if they were up on it now.
    I'll let you know what I find out.

7. knucklepower

knucklepower
    from .

I have weld and mill my head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then were all chambers of different sizes
    do not forget to adjust to your Piston and valve sector
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]